Subject: Re: [Perc] Updated presentation for todays Design Team

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 15:45:27 +0100

Den 2015-12-01 kl. 02:36, skrev Christian Groves:
> Hello Magnus,
>
> One additional use case worth considering for RTCP FB is remote RTP
> pause / resume (draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-stream-pause). The MDD would need
> to coordinate the sending of pause and resume amongst the RTP endpoints.
>

Yes, that one should also be discussed when looking at the needs for 
RTCP. The way Pause and Resume is designed it can properly actually 
operate both in an end-to-end case as well as hop-by-hop. The later is 
more resource saving and quicker, but has different security properties 
from the end-to-end one.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Services, Media and Network features, Ericsson Research EAB/TXM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------