Subject: [Perc] Fw: I-D Action: draft-jones-perc-dtls-tunnel-01.txt

From: "Paul E. Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 00:07:54 +0000

PERC WG,

I posted a revised document based on feedback and input I received.  At 
a high level, the changes were:

Removed TLS-style syntax.
Require the MDD to always send its list of protection profiles.
Removed EKT stuff, since it's not relevant to the tunnel protocol.
Added a visual representation of the tunneling protocol.
Changed the message names to be simpler.
Simplified message flows, because they were overly complex.
Simplified the text overall.
Removed the "conference identifier".
Much editorial cleanup.

Paul

------ Forwarded Message ------
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Sent: 2/28/2016 7:05:18 PM
Subject: I-D Action: draft-jones-perc-dtls-tunnel-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

         Title           : DTLS Tunnel between Media Distribution Device 
and Key Management Function to Facilitate Key Exchange
         Author          : Paul Jones
  Filename        : draft-jones-perc-dtls-tunnel-01.txt
  Pages           : 13
  Date            : 2016-02-28

Abstract:
    This document defines a DTLS tunneling protocol for use in multimedia
    conferences that enables a Media Distribution Device (MDD) to
    facilitate key exchange between an endpoint in a conference and the
    Key Management Function (KMF) responsible for key distribution.  The
    protocol is designed to ensure that the key material used for hop-by-
    hop encryption and authentication is accessible to the MDD, while the
    key material used for end-to-end encryption and authentication is
    inaccessible to the MDD.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jones-perc-dtls-tunnel/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jones-perc-dtls-tunnel-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jones-perc-dtls-tunnel-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt