Subject: [Perc] draft-jones-perc-dtls-tunnel questions?

From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 16:58:23 +1000

Hello Paul,

Just reviewing

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jones-perc-dtls-tunnel-02

a couple of minor comments/questions:

1. Clause 6.x: Are 2 octets really needed to indicate version 
information? Seems one byte would be enough. (I know this will muck up 
your diagrams). You could use one of the octets for Data Type so the 
message type is known at the start of the header.

2. Clause 6.2: "Length: This is the length in octets of the protection 
profiles. This length must be greater than or equal to 2." I take it 
that the value must be >= 2 AND be a multiple of 2 given that protection 
profiles are 2 octets.

Regards, Christian

---

From: "Paul E. Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 08:58:34 -0400

Christian,

1) No, but that was a derivative of the syntax I was using to create the protocol. I think I commented on the in the meeting. In the proposal today, I shrank it down to one octet and then I was told to remove it entirely. So, we have one octet reserved in the message header.

2) Yes, that would be true. With the protocol I'll talk about today, we don't even have a length over that. We have a length in the common header and then the data.

Paul

-------- Original Message --------
From: Christian Groves <[email-masked]>
Sent: April 27, 2016 2:58:23 AM EDT
To: "P E. Jones" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Subject: [Perc] draft-jones-perc-dtls-tunnel questions?

Hello Paul,

Just reviewing

Regards, Christian

_______________________________________________
Perc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/perc