Subject: [Perc] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-perc-srtp-ekt-diet-09: (with COMMENT)

From: Mirja Kühlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 06:08:32 -0800

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-perc-srtp-ekt-diet-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-perc-srtp-ekt-diet/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a quick clarification question:
Sec 4.2.1: "   Outbound packets SHOULD continue to use the old SRTP Master Key
for
   250 ms after sending any new key.  This gives all the receivers in
   the system time to get the new key before they start receiving media
   encrypted with the new key."
I assume that 250ms is selected under the assumption that longer RTTs are a
problem for interactive communication anyway? Or where does this value come
from?