Subject: [Perc] RFC 8723 on Double Encryption Procedures for the Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 12:22:13 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8723

        Title:      Double Encryption Procedures for the 
                    Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) 
        Author:     C. Jennings,
                    P. Jones,
                    R. Barnes,
                    A.B. Roach
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-perc-double-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8723

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8723

In some conferencing scenarios, it is desirable for an intermediary
to be able to manipulate some parameters in Real-time Transport
Protocol (RTP) packets, while still providing strong end-to-end
security guarantees. This document defines a cryptographic transform
for the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) that uses two
separate but related cryptographic operations to provide hop-by-hop
and end-to-end security guarantees.  Both the end-to-end and
hop-by-hop cryptographic algorithms can utilize an authenticated
encryption with associated data (AEAD) algorithm or take advantage of
future SRTP transforms with different properties.

This document is a product of the Privacy Enhanced RTP Conferencing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC