Subject: [PMOL] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pmol-metrics-framework-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 02:09:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Performance Metrics for Other Layers Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Guidelines for Considering New Performance Metric Development
	Author(s)       : Alan Clark
                          Benoit Claise
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pmol-metrics-framework-10.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2011-07-01

   This document describes a framework and a process for developing
   Performance Metrics of protocols and applications transported over
   IETF-specified protocols, and that can be used to characterize
   traffic on live networks and services.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pmol-metrics-framework-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pmol-metrics-framework-10.txt

---

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 15:39:55 -0400

PMOL WG,

A revised I-D is available which addresses *almost all* IESG
DISCUSSes and COMMENTs (see forwarded message below).

At least one issue remains, but it is believed to be
straightforward to resolve it:
>5) Section 6.2 is the section of the document that is going to guide
>reviewers. It's not as clear as it needs to be. For instance, reviewers
>are being asked to assess a metric according the qualification
>"use cases" and that is the only place the string appears in the document.
>What are you requiring with respect to use cases?

(In follow-up discussion, we've determined that all the list items in
section 6.2 should be expanded to clarify the information sought.)

Since there were substantial changes to address IESG comments,
there will be another WGLC for comments on the revised text.

Please send any comments to the list by August 8, 2011.

regards,
Al
pmol co-chair

At 05:09 AM 7/1/2011, [email-masked] wrote:
>...

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 20:45:57 -0400

Dear all,

The issue below has been addressed in the PMOL draft version 11, which I 
just posted.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pmol-metrics-framework-11
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pmol-metrics-framework-11.txt

Regards, Benoit.
> _______________________________________________
> PMOL mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pmol

---

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 10:20:39 -0400

Thanks Benoit, the WGLC now applies to version 11.
Al

At 08:45 PM 7/25/2011, Benoit Claise wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>The issue below has been addressed in the PMOL draft version 11, 
>which I just posted.

---

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 09:30:36 -0400

and now, version 12...