Subject: [ppsp] Draft on Introduction of MTN

From: Bin Long <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 15:38:47 +0800

Dear all,
       We have submitted a draft on the Media Telecom Network builted by
China Telecom, here is the abstract:

   This draft briefly introduces MTN, the Median Telecom Network built
by China Telecom to support streaming and file download services with
   peer to peer technologies.

   *The draft can be accessed at*:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-ppsp-mtn-introduction-00.txt
   *Comments are welcome!*

-- 
Best Regards,
Bin Long

---

From: "Softgear Ko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 20:32:42 +0900

Hello Bin Long.

I think that this draft is very helpful for us.
I have some questions about your architecture.

Q1. For Joining Node, How does joining User node choose the nearest Area
node? Does Center node help the joining User node?  How does it know joining
User is nearest to a certain Area node?  From IP address?  I'm asking about
how to know the joining node's geographical location or to get proximity
from other nodes.

Q2. To extend your architecture to the world wide scope, What should we
consider about? Just adding Area nodes and configure Center node? Do you
think there is anything else?

Q3. Could we explain more for live streaming case in your architecture?

- Softgear Ko

----------------------
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bin
Long
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2009 4:39 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [ppsp] Draft on Introduction of MTN

Dear all,
       We have submitted a draft on the Media Telecom Network builted by
China Telecom, here is the abstract:
   This draft briefly introduces MTN, the Median Telecom Network built by
China Telecom to support streaming and file download services with

   The draft can be accessed at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-ppsp-mtn-introduction-00.txt

   Comments are welcome!

-- 
Best Regards,
Bin Long

---

From: Bin Long <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 15:50:47 +0800

Thanks very much, Softgear. Please see inline about the replies.

> how to know the joining node's geographical location or to get proximity

    Reply: yes, you're right. When User node tries to join, the Center node
designates a specific Area node for it base on its IP address.  As for China
Telecom, it has already built a database about the mapping information
between IP address and geographical location.

> think there is anything else?

    Reply:  good question! When we first designed the architecture, we just
considered the deloyment in China.  But we think it can be extended to a
wider scope,  as you have mentioned, we can assign a Center node for each
ISP in the world. These Center nodes  are in the same layer and can
communicate in distributed fashion( DHT), while Center node and Area nodes
communicate in C/S  model.  Our goal is operability and managebility, in the
scenario of multiple ISPs, cooperations and  collaborations between them are
very also important. What's your concern on this?

> Reply: yes. we will give a full discription of live streaming in our
> updation of the draft.
>
> - Softgear Ko
>
> ----------------------

-- 
Best Regards,
Bin Long

---

From: "zhangyunfei" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 15:34:20 +0800

Hi,Bin,
   I have a same question as Mr. Ko:Could you please explain more in how MTN support live streaming applications?
   Another question:You mentioned in the section 6 about your test of TMN performance.Could you please provide some numberial results of TMN compared with PPLive and PPStream?
    Thanks a lot.

                Yunfei

zhangyunfei
2009-07-07

发件人： Softgear Ko
发送时间： 2009-07-06 19:35:05
收件人： 'Bin Long'; [email-masked]
抄送： 
主题： Re: [ppsp] Draft on Introduction of MTN

Hello  Bin  Long.

-  Softgear  Ko

----------------------

Dear  all,
牋牋牋  We  have  submitted  a  draft  on  the  Media  Telecom  Network  builted  by
China  Telecom,  here  is  the  abstract:
     This  draft  briefly  introduces  MTN,  the  Median  Telecom  Network  built  by
China  Telecom  to  support  streaming  and  file  download  services  with

     Comments  are  welcome!

--  
Best  Regards,
Bin  Long

_______________________________________________
ppsp  mailing  list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ppsp