Subject: [ppsp] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ppsp-problem-statement-07.txt> (Problem Statement of Peer-to-Peer Streaming Protocol (PPSP)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 01:07:15 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Peer to Peer Streaming Protocol
WG (ppsp) to consider the following document:
- 'Problem Statement of Peer-to-Peer Streaming Protocol (PPSP)'
  <draft-ietf-ppsp-problem-statement-07.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-11-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Peer-to-Peer(P2P for short) streaming systems show more and more
   popularity in current Internet with proprietary protocols. This
   document identifies problems of the proprietary protocols, proposes a
   Peer to Peer Streaming Protocol(PPSP) including tracker and peer
   signaling components, and discusses the scope and uses cases of PPSP.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ppsp-problem-statement/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ppsp-problem-statement/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.