Subject: [ppsp] VOTE_BY_EMAIL for swift as technology for PPSP

From: Mark Stuart <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 12:55:43 +0000

Dear PPSP,

I am please to participate in the voting and would like to submit Pioneer's
vote for the *swift* technology (developed by TUDelft et al. as part of the
P2P-Next project).

My name is Mark Stuart and I represent Pioneer Digital Design in the UK. My
team have been trialling both BitTorrent and swift-based P2P technology for
Live and VoD streaming in the UK for the past 4 years - specifically as
applied very low-cost and low-power consumer electronics devices.

Swift represents a relatively efficient, elegant and lightweight transport
that can be adapted to a number of use cases (CDN, VoD streaming etc...).
In addition the modular, policy-based approach chosen by TUDelft for peer
discovery and security considerations enables a wide variety of deployments
whilst keeping the core technology light and agile. The metadata-less
approach of referring to content via a single 40-byte root hash both
anticipates future CCN requirements whilst being able to be deployed and
operated on existing IPv4 and IPv6 environments using the UDP transport.

All things considered, I am very impressed by swift and happy to lend my
vote and support for its standardisation and broader adoption within the
IETF community.

Best regards,
-Mark Stuart.