Subject: [ppsp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 01:47:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Peer to Peer Streaming Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Peer-to-Peer Streaming Protocol (PPSP)
	Author(s)       : A. Bakker
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-00.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2011-12-19

   The Generic Multiparty Protocol (swift) is a peer-to-peer based
   transport protocol for content dissemination. It can be used for
   streaming on-demand and live video content, as well as conventional
   downloading. In swift, the clients consuming the content participate
   in the dissemination by forwarding the content to other clients via a
   mesh-like structure.  It is a generic protocol which can run directly
   on top of UDP, TCP, HTTP or as a RTP profile. Features of swift are
   short time-till-playback and extensibility. Hence, it can use
   different mechanisms to prevent freeriding, and work with different
   peer discovery schemes (centralized trackers or Distributed Hash
   Tables). Depending on the underlying transport protocol, swift can
   also use different congestion control algorithms, such as LEDBAT, and
   offer transparent NAT traversal. Finally, swift maintains only a
   small amount of state per peer and detects malicious modification of
   content. This documents describes swift and how it satisfies the
   requirements for the IETF Peer-to-Peer Streaming Protocol (PPSP)
   Working Group's peer protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-00.txt