Subject: [ppsp] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-06.txt

From: Arno Bakker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 11:10:05 +0100

Hi all

the review by the Area Director of the peer protocol is under way and as 
a result we added a Section 12 on Operation and Manageability 
Considerations, following the checklist in RFC5706.

Could you please review Section 12 and provide feedback?

Thanks,
      Arno et al.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-06.txt
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 02:04:28 -0800
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
CC: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-06.txt
has been successfully submitted by Arno Bakker and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol
Revision:	 06
Title:		 Peer-to-Peer Streaming Peer Protocol (PPSPP)
Creation date:	 2013-02-11
WG ID:		 ppsp
Number of pages: 64
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-06.txt
Status: 
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-06
Diff: 
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-06

Abstract:
    The Peer-to-Peer Streaming Peer Protocol (PPSPP) is a transport
    protocol for disseminating the same content to a group of interested
    parties in a streaming fashion.  PPSPP supports streaming of both
    pre-recorded (on-demand) and live audio/video content.  It is based
    on the peer-to-peer paradigm, where clients consuming the content are
    put on equal footing with the servers initially providing the
    content, to create a system where everyone can potentially provide
    upload bandwidth.  It has been designed to provide short time-till-
    playback for the end user, and to prevent disruption of the streams
    by malicious peers.  PPSPP has also been designed to be flexible and
    extensible.  It can use different mechanisms to optimize peer
    uploading, prevent freeriding, and work with different peer discovery
    schemes (centralized trackers or Distributed Hash Tables).  It
    supports multiple methods for content integrity protection and chunk
    addressing.  Designed as a generic protocol that can run on top of
    various transport protocols, it currently runs on top of UDP using
    LEDBAT for congestion control.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: stefano previdi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 12:46:49 +0100

Thanks Arno.

All,

let's take this week for any comment on section 12. Then we'll move to 
IESG/AD review.

thanks.
s.

On Feb 11, 2013, at 11:10 AM, Arno Bakker wrote:

> Hi all
> 
> the review by the Area Director of the peer protocol is under way and as a result we added a Section 12 on Operation and Manageability Considerations, following the checklist in RFC5706.
> 
> URL: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-06.txt
> Status: http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol
> Diff: http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-06
> 
> Abstract:
> _______________________________________________
> ppsp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ppsp
>