Subject: [ppsp] Implementing PPSP in Erlang/OTP

From: Dave Cottlehuber <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 11:47:24 +0200

Hi,

By way of introduction I'm one of the authors of Apache CouchDB[1],
which is a native JSON document database, with a full HTTP "RESTish"
API, including multi-master replication and inbuilt conflict
management. It's written in a mix of Erlang/OTP[2] for the core, and
JavaScript for indexing and processing documents, and filtering
results.

I've been looking for a peer-to-peer algorithm for a while, and PPSPP
aka swift looks like a perfect fit, as well as giving me a taste of
implementing a protocol from scratch!

I've started on an implementation in Erlang, currently structured in 2 layers:

- PPSP layer using native Erlang message passing between nodes.
- A UDP layer on top of that to be able to talk to the Real World.

I'll have a few questions about the spec along the way no doubt.

A+
Dave
--
Founder, JSONified
[email-masked]

[1]: http://couchdb.apache.org/
[2]: http://erlang.org/

---

From: yunfei zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 11:21:41 +0800

Hi Dave,
    Post any question on the spec draft in the mailing list in your
implementation.

BR
Yunfei

2013/6/22 Dave Cottlehuber <[email-masked]>

> _______________________________________________
> ppsp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ppsp
>