Subject: [ppsp] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ppsp-survey-08.txt> (Survey of P2P Streaming Applications) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 06:34:17 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Peer to Peer Streaming Protocol
WG (ppsp) to consider the following document:
- 'Survey of P2P Streaming Applications'
  <draft-ietf-ppsp-survey-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-06-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document presents a survey of some of the most popular Peer-to-
   Peer (P2P) streaming applications on the Internet.  The main
   selection criteria have been popularity and availability of
   information on operation details at writing time.  In doing this,
   selected applications are not reviewed as a whole, but they are
   reviewed with main focus on the signaling and control protocol used
   to establish and maintain overlay connections among peers and to
   advertise and download streaming content.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ppsp-survey/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ppsp-survey/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.