Subject: [ppsp] Winding down the PPSP working group

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 16:23:14 -1000

Dear all,

I have observed the work of the PPSP working group for the last year and 
also the overall activity level of the working group, including the WG 
sessions at the various IETF meetings.

The energy in the WG is extremely low which can be seen on the low 
amount of discussions going on the mailing list, despite the fact that 
there are outstanding issues to be discussed, e.g., the encoding of the 
base tracker protocol. Plus the very slow progress of most, but not all, 
WG documents.

The base tracker protocol is still in roughly the same shape as 6 months 
ago and the work item "usage guide" is not handled as part of any 
working group draft.

Therefore, I had a longer conversation with the chairs, where we 
discussed the current state of the working group, leading me to this 
conclusion:

The WG as whole has still time to work on and potentially complete their 
work items, but this time is **very** limited:

The work on the remaining work items has to start **now** and the main 
work must be done by end of February 2015.

Let me know if there any questions or comments from your side.

Thanks,

   Martin Stiemerling -- your responsible Area Director