Subject: [ppsp] RFC 7574 on Peer-to-Peer Streaming Peer Protocol (PPSPP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 15:37:20 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7574

        Title:      Peer-to-Peer Streaming Peer Protocol (PPSPP) 
        Author:     A. Bakker, R. Petrocco, V. Grishchenko
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      85
        Characters: 208360
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7574

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7574

The Peer-to-Peer Streaming Peer Protocol (PPSPP) is a protocol for
disseminating the same content to a group of interested parties in a
streaming fashion.  PPSPP supports streaming of both prerecorded (on-
demand) and live audio/video content.  It is based on the peer-to-
peer paradigm, where clients consuming the content are put on equal
footing with the servers initially providing the content, to create a
system where everyone can potentially provide upload bandwidth.  It
has been designed to provide short time-till-playback for the end
user and to prevent disruption of the streams by malicious peers.
PPSPP has also been designed to be flexible and extensible.  It can
use different mechanisms to optimize peer uploading, prevent
freeriding, and work with different peer discovery schemes
(centralized trackers or Distributed Hash Tables).  It supports
multiple methods for content integrity protection and chunk
addressing.  Designed as a generic protocol that can run on top of
various transport protocols, it currently runs on top of UDP using
Low Extra Delay Background Transport (LEDBAT) for congestion control.

This document is a product of the Peer to Peer Streaming Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC