Subject: [privacydir] Fwd: I-D Action:draft-koenig-privicons-01.txt

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 13:24:50 -0500

I see that some of you were involved in this.  In case you weren't aware 
of the draft, there's a link below to it.

spt

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action:draft-koenig-privicons-01.txt
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 09:00:01 -0800
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title           : Privacy Preferences for E-Mail Messages
	Author(s)       : U. Koenig, J. Schallaboeck
	Filename        : draft-koenig-privicons-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2011-01-05

This document proposes a syntax and semantics as an extension of the
Internet Message Format (e-mail message) allowing a Sending User of
an e-mail message to express his or her preference for how the
message content is to be handled by the Receiving Users.  For this
purpose, semantics of sets of different character combinations
("Privicons") are described.  These can syntactically be integrated
either in the first-line of the body, in the subject line and/or in a
dedicated header of any e-mail message.  The Privicosns icon set
consists of six different icons.  They'll be machine readable.  The
Privicons concept is partly borrowing its approach from the concept
of emoticons.  For example, to express that the content may be
forwarded and even be published.  The Sending User could use the
Privicon "[>]", which may be followed by an additional explanations,
such as "please share".

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-koenig-privicons-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 22:06:49 -0700

Anyone know which email list is being used to discuss this draft?

On Jan 5, 2011, at 11:24 AM, Sean Turner wrote:

> I see that some of you were involved in this.  In case you weren't aware of the draft, there's a link below to it.
> 
> spt
> 
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
> 
> <draft-koenig-privicons-01.txt><Attached Message Part.txt>_______________________________________________
> privacydir mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/privacydir

---

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 10:20:05 +0000

I don't think it has been discussed anywhere as of yet. The draft was  
presented in the app area open meeting at IETF 78.

On Jan 12, 2011, at 5:06 AM, Cullen Jennings wrote:

>> I see that some of you were involved in this.  In case you weren't  
>> aware of the draft, there's a link below to it.
>>
>> spt
>>
>> <draft-koenig-privicons-01.txt><Attached Message  
>> Part.txt>_______________________________________________
>> privacydir mailing list
>> [email-masked]
> _______________________________________________
> privacydir mailing list
> [email-masked]