Subject: PSAMP meeting and future work

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:18:33 +0200

Dear all,

I requested a slot for a PSAMP meeting in Paris, but I have doubts
that we have sufficient discussion items for the meeting.

I am very happy, that we completed the work on Sampling and Filtering
Techniques for IP Packet Selection.  I will forward this I-D to our
area directors and the IESG in the next days.  With this step we
completed most of the work that we could do independently of IPFIX.

Also the IPFIX WG achieved a major milestone.  All WG documents
are complete and will be forwarded to area directors and IESG next week.
Based on these documents we can now start specifying the PSAMP protocol
as an application/extension of the IPFIX protocol and the PSAMP info model
as an extension of the IPFIX info model.
Both documents will probably be much shorter than the corresponding
IPFIX documents, but still they require a significant amount of work.

Finally, the PSAMP MIB, which is already in a very mature state,
needs to be adapted to the protocol and the info model.

In conclusion I see work ahead, and certainly also discussions on the
protocol and info model, but there are no documents available, that
could serve as basis for a discussion in Paris.

If you still feel, we should have the meeting in Paris, then please
reply until the deadline for Internet draft submissions on Monday, July 18.
If no one comes up with a good reason for having the meeting I will
cancel it.

Thanks,

    Juergen
-- 
Juergen Quittek        [email-masked]       Tel: +49 6221 90511-15
NEC Europe Ltd.,       Network Laboratories        Fax: +49 6221 90511-55
Kurfuersten-Anlage 36, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany   http://www.netlab.nec.de

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/psamp/>