Subject: Open Issue 1: optional compression

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 14:31:03 +0100

Dear all,

[PSAMP-FMWK] mentions the optional Export Packets compression (see 
section 8.5)
Should we mention it in [PSAMP-PROTO]?

This requirement comes from a time at which we didn't know that IPFIX 
would be selected.
As [IPFIX-PROTO] doesn't mention compression, I'm in favor not to add 
anything about compression in [PSAMP-PROTO].
I don't think that this is appropriate to differentiate the IPFIX and 
PSAMP protocols; the PSAMP protocol must use the IPFIX specifications as 
defined in [IPFIX-PROTO]

Feedback?

Regards, Benoit.

---

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 12:18:55 +0100

Benoit,

I think the protocol document should state that with the choice of
IPFIX as protocol, the compression option mentioned in the framework
is not addressed.

Thanks,

    Juergen

--On 20.12.2005 14:31 Uhr +0100 Benoit Claise wrote:

>
> Dear all,
>
>
> [PSAMP-FMWK] mentions the optional Export Packets compression (see section 8.5)
> This requirement comes from a time at which we didn't know that IPFIX would be selected.
> As [IPFIX-PROTO] doesn't mention compression, I'm in favor not to add anything about compression in [PSAMP-PROTO].
> I don't think that this is appropriate to differentiate the IPFIX and PSAMP protocols; the PSAMP protocol must use the IPFIX specifications as defined in [IPFIX-PROTO]
>
> Feedback?
>
> Regards, Benoit.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/psamp/>

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 14:44:22 +0100

Juergen,

Fine. I added a new entry in section 6.1 IPFIX Solution for the PSAMP 
requirement

* Compression: to conserve network bandwidth and resources at the 
Collector, the Export Packets may be compressed before export.

With the choice of IPFIX as PSAMP export protocol, the compression 
option mentioned in the framework is not addressed.

Regards, Benoit.
>> PSAMP protocols; the PSAMP protocol must use the IPFIX specifications 
>> as defined in [IPFIX-PROTO]
>>
>> Feedback?
>>
>> Regards, Benoit.