Subject: Open Issue #7: Metering Process ID in Association ID

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 14:47:24 +0100

Dear all,

From the meeting minutes in Vancouver:

    Open Issue #7: Metering Process ID in Association ID
    This concerns the IPFIX processes in the associations ID (section 7.1 and 7.2 
    of psamp-tech).  The proposal is to remove "metering process ID" to avoid 
    confusion, as no one could think of a possible scenario. 
    Tanja: It was introduced to support multiple IPFIX proecesses sharing a 
      selector.  But since no example was found swo far where this is  demanded 
      and since it it can be done (but less efficient) without the associations 
      by having 2 selectors, it is OK to drop it.
    Discussion to be concluded on the mailing list.

I have remove the following sentence from the section 7.2 of [PSAMP-PROTO]:

    Optionally, the IPFIX processes to which the packets MAY be added to
    the Associations ID. Example of IPFIX processes are IPFIX Metering
    Process ID and IPFIX Exporting Process ID.

To be consistent, [PSAMP-TECH] must also remove the notion of optional IPFIX processes from the association.

Regards, Benoit.