Subject: [PSAMP] ANNOUNCEMENT: The IETF Trustees invite your review and comments on a proposed Work-Around to the Pre-5378 Problem

From: "Juergen Quittek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 09:46:13 +0100

Dear all,

In case you haven't been following the discussion,  here's a helpful
distillation by Marshall Eubanks:

The WG Chairs have been asked to make their WG aware of this issue.
This is a complicated subject, but the executive summary is that if
you have an Internet-draft that quotes substantially from one or more
older RFCs (ones with a publication date pre-November 11, 2008), and
you did not write this earlier work yourself (or you wrote it while
with another company), you need to be aware of the likely difficulty
of obtaining RFC5378 clearances for your new work, and also to be
aware that a work-around is on the way. The work-around should be in
place to allow submissions to the San Francisco IETF well before the
normal deadlines.

Again, please direct any follow-up discussion to [email-masked]

Thanks,

    Juergen
-- 
Juergen Quittek        [email-masked]        Tel: +49 6221 4342-115
NEC Europe Limited,    Network Laboratories        Fax: +49 6221 4342-155
Kurfuersten-Anlage 36, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany   http://www.netlab.nec.de
Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria Road, London W3 6BL, UK
Registered in England 2832014

_______________________________________________
PSAMP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/psamp