Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Change on idle behaviour (#2553)

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 15:41:55 -0700

ianswett approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2553#pullrequestreview-286474103

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 15:42:02 -0700

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

This seems good, but it won't apply.

> @@ -724,13 +724,11 @@ in Linux (3.11 onwards).
 A sender becomes idle if it ceases to send data and has no bytes in flight.  A
 sender's congestion window MUST NOT increase while it is idle.
 
-When sending data after becoming idle, a sender MUST reset its congestion window
-to the initial congestion window (see Section 4.1 of {{?RFC5681}}), unless it
-paces the sending of packets. A sender MAY retain its congestion window if it
-paces the sending of any packets in excess of the initial congestion window.
-
-A sender MAY implement alternate mechanisms to update its congestion window
-after idle periods, such as those proposed for TCP in {{?RFC7661}}.
+When sending data after becoming idle and a sender does not pace the sending
+of packets, it MUST reset its congestion window to the initial congestion
+window (see Section 4.1 of {{?RFC5681}}). If packet sending is paced, a sender
+MAY implement alternate mechanisms to update its congestion window after idle

```suggestion
MAY implement alternative mechanisms to update its congestion window after idle
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2553#pullrequestreview-286474082

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 15:45:40 -0700

janaiyengar approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2553#pullrequestreview-286475288

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 15:47:28 -0700

This is OBE. The offending text is not there anymore.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2553#issuecomment-530149578

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 15:47:30 -0700

Closed #2553.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2553#event-2623916084