Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Add details on how spurious losses may be detected (#3064)

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 18:38:57 -0700

Fixes #3058
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3064

-- Commit Summary --

  * Add details on how spurious losses may be detected

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md (18)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3064.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3064.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3064

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 19:46:01 -0700

This doesn't seem particularly actionable.  I mean, I could probably work something out, but if the goal is to provide a spec where it is relatively easy to follow the advice and produce a good implementation, then this doesn't meet that test.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3064#issuecomment-534364475

---

From: Benjamin Saunders <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 22:06:52 -0700

I read this as "On acknowledgement of a packet, discard state for packets that were declared lost prior to the acknowledged packet's sending," which is at least enough to give me some ideas.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3064#issuecomment-534390500