Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Error codes can't cause errors (#2998)

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2019 15:09:03 -0700

ianswett commented on this pull request.

> @@ -1394,6 +1394,12 @@ the entire connection when an error is encountered.  These are referred to as
 {{QUIC-TRANSPORT}}.  An endpoint MAY choose to treat a stream error as a
 connection error.
 
+Because new error codes can be defined without negotiation (see {{extensions}}),
+receipt of an unknown error code or use of an error code in an unexpected
+context MUST NOT be treated as an error.  However, the fact that a stream closed

This last sentence is a bit odd.  How about something like "However, closing a stream can constitute an error regardless of the error code -- see..."

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2998#pullrequestreview-283287625

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2019 10:44:54 -0700

@MikeBishop pushed 1 commit.

bca2f5d6497503495fec0bef3b007ccb49c1dae4  Ian's suggested wording

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2998/files/a0d61919a538dc6a5356175d110c8d26c3f93fed..bca2f5d6497503495fec0bef3b007ccb49c1dae4

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2019 07:39:34 -0700

ianswett approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2998#pullrequestreview-284315233

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 15:06:23 -0700

martinthomson commented on this pull request.

> @@ -1394,6 +1394,11 @@ the entire connection when an error is encountered.  These are referred to as
 
+Because new error codes can be defined without negotiation (see {{extensions}}),
+receipt of an unknown error code or use of an error code in an unexpected
+context MUST NOT be treated as an error.  However, closing a stream can
+constitute an error regardless of the error code -- see {{request-response}}.

```suggestion
constitute an error regardless of the error code; see {{request-response}}.
```

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2998#pullrequestreview-286461995

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 15:07:24 -0700

7480f8f835db8fb0b1fe5707e2fc65c677172ff4  No --

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2998/files/bca2f5d6497503495fec0bef3b007ccb49c1dae4..7480f8f835db8fb0b1fe5707e2fc65c677172ff4

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 22:08:00 +0000 (UTC)

Merged #2998 into master.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2998#event-2623845677