Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] TLS Early Data is impossible (#3039)

From: martinduke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 16:15:40 -0700

Section 4.5 of quic-tls:

Early data within the TLS connection MUST NOT be used.  As it is for
   other TLS application data, a server MUST treat receiving early data
   on the TLS connection as a connection error of type
   PROTOCOL_VIOLATION.

As there is no way to express TLS application data (no record headers!) I believe there is no way for the proposed error condition to occur. I propose we strike the paragraph, though we might mention that this condition is impossible for clarity.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3039

---

From: martinduke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 12:19:08 -0700

Closed #3039.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3039#event-2655602425