Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 36609c: Simplify ChaCha20 interface

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 15:07:41 -0700

Branch: refs/heads/master
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 36609c20e66663a11a678b30f5d0330b11bba62c
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/36609c20e66663a11a678b30f5d0330b11bba62c
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2019-08-26 (Mon, 26 Aug 2019)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Simplify ChaCha20 interface

The nonce can just be opaque bytes.

The block counter is tricky, as noted in the issue.  The "obvious"
choice is little-endian, as that is consistent with the philosophy of
the designer (as I understand it), but that is not anything more than a
guess.

Absent strong evidence that big-endian is a better choice, I'm going to
err on the side of not making a substantive change here.  But I think
that we need a consensus call to support that viewpoint.

Closes #2171.

  Commit: b0f00edf9f8ba7139a6b7a2c36edd44112de5482
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/b0f00edf9f8ba7139a6b7a2c36edd44112de5482
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2019-09-06 (Fri, 06 Sep 2019)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Simplify more

  Commit: 519148f86e7ac22715efd04e246bbd4faef082e1
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/519148f86e7ac22715efd04e246bbd4faef082e1
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2019-09-11 (Wed, 11 Sep 2019)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #2990 from quicwg/chacha-simple

Simplify ChaCha20 interface

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/f9d4213513d1...519148f86e7a