Subject: Re: [RAM] Goal: Minimising Routing Entropy

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 16:42:54 EST

In einer eMail vom 04.01.2007 19:48:27 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt  
[email-masked]:

On Jan  4, 2007, at 10:23 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

> Just consider a  temporary road blockage within a city, i.e. a   
> change  inside the city map of this city.
> It would not cause any change in any  county/state/country/continent  
> road map this city is part  of.

Er, this happens all the time in real life - so, at the very  least,  
the analogy is flawed.

;>

I am sorry, not a single line of these upper road maps were  affected.
Heiner 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Roland  Dobbins <[email-masked]> // 408.527.6376  voice

_______________________________________________
RAM mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ram

---

From: Roland Dobbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 17:37:18 -0800

> I am sorry, not a single line of these upper road maps were affected.

Happens all the time, here.

;>

		          Technology is legislation.

                     -- Karl Schroeder

---

From: Russ White <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 08:51:34 -0500

> Happens all the time, here.

How does a city street changing from one way to two way, or closing
down, impact the topology of major highways around the city? I can see
it impacting the traffic on those highways, but the physical position of
the highways is certainly unchanged, isn't it?

:-)

Russ

- --
[email-masked] CCIE <>< Grace Alone

---

From: Roland Dobbins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 07:31:24 -0800

On Jan 5, 2007, at 5:51 AM, Russ White wrote:

> I can see

I've seen cases in which lanes have been added/removed by repainting,  
directionality of certain portions of a highway altered via said  
repainting, portions of highways closed, and onramps/offramps opened/ 
closed as second-order effects of surface-street changes; that's the  
kind of thing I was thinking of, heh.

                     -- Karl Schroeder