Subject: [RAM] A new draft about architectural vs. implementation choices

From: Pekka Nikander <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 11:42:08 +0200

On January 2 I wrote as follows:
> ... in those solutions that are based on rewriting identifiers to  
> locators and vice versa, there are two "architectural" dimensions:
>
> 1. Where the rewriting is done logically: "above" transport,  
> somewhere within transport and/or host part of IP, or "below" the  
> host part of IP, i.e., as a part of the "routing" system.
>
> 2. Where the rewriting is done physically: in an application, at  
> the host (in a library, stack, or close to the device driver), or  
> in the network
>
> Those two dimensions are pretty independent, though not absolutely  
> orthogonal. ...
>
> I'm writing a draft outlining how to do that...

The first, still quite incomplete (and therefore still brief!)  
version of the promised draft is now available in the repositories:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nikander-ram-generix- 
proxying-00.txt

(Sorry for the typo on in the name, but I'm not going to fix it  
during the lifetime of the draft...)

--Pekka Nikander

_______________________________________________
RAM mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ram