Subject: [RAM] IRTF RRG: call for participation

From: Tony Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:01:10 -0800

Hi,

The Routing Research Group of the IRTF will be holding a one-day  
seminar in Prague on March 17th to discuss the architectural issues  
confronting the Internet.  This meeting will be held in conjunction  
with, and just prior to, the upcoming IETF meeting.

We would like to invite researchers to participate in this seminar  
and in the ongoing activities of the RRG.  We are calling for  
contributions and talks on architectural problem analysis and  
proposed alternative routing and addressing architectures for the  
Internet.

Please contact the RRG co-chairs, Lixia Zhang and myself, if you are  
interested in giving a presentation.  Currently scheduled talks can  
be found at http://www1.tools.ietf.org/group/irtf/trac/wiki/RRG.  If  
you are making a presentation, we do ask that your material (papers,  
slides, etc.) be made available via the Internet prior to the seminar.

Regards,
Lixia & Tony

_______________________________________________
RAM mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ram

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan \(Dan\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 13:15:32 +0200

Is this meeting open to everybody, open to the IETF meeting attendees,
not open? 

Dan

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Tony Li [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 12:01 AM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Cc: Lixia Zhang
> Subject: [RAM] IRTF RRG: call for participation
> 
> 
> Hi,
> 
> The Routing Research Group of the IRTF will be holding a 
> one-day seminar in Prague on March 17th to discuss the 
> architectural issues confronting the Internet.  This meeting 
> will be held in conjunction with, and just prior to, the 
> upcoming IETF meeting.
> 
> We would like to invite researchers to participate in this 
> seminar and in the ongoing activities of the RRG.  We are 
> calling for contributions and talks on architectural problem 
> analysis and proposed alternative routing and addressing 
> architectures for the Internet.
> 
> Please contact the RRG co-chairs, Lixia Zhang and myself, if 
> you are interested in giving a presentation.  Currently 
> scheduled talks can be found at 
> http://www1.tools.ietf.org/group/irtf/trac/wiki/RRG.  If you 
> are making a presentation, we do ask that your material 
> (papers, slides, etc.) be made available via the Internet 
> prior to the seminar.
> 
> Regards,
> Lixia & Tony
>

---

From: Lixia Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 08:14:20 -0800

> Is this meeting open to everybody, open to the IETF meeting attendees,

Yes this RRG meeting is open to everyone.  We need the community's  
joint effort to develop a good architectural solution.
We would like to encourage people to register for IETF as IETF  
resources are being used to provide the room, projector, network  
access, etc. for this meeting.  However for those who do not plan to  
attend IETF otherwise, it seems unpractical to require them to  
register for IETF.

---

From: Markus Stenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:05:48 +0900

On 28.2.2007, at 1.14, Lixia Zhang wrote:
> access, etc. for this meeting.  However for those who do not plan  
> to attend IETF otherwise, it seems unpractical to require them to  
> register for IETF.

This is a general whine. Be prepared.

<whine>

I'd have loved to attend this, because ever since the IEPG in the  
last IETF, I've encountered  discussion about the problem, if not  
problem itself, during my work. However, announcing something  
happening in 3 weeks on different continent (for most people) is  
rather short timeframe - to get cheapest air tickets, you need to  
book them roughly month in advance, and because I knew I was going to  
IETF, of course I had booked them bit before that.

And then, after reading the announcement, I had the choice of either  
paying roughly <too much> more to attend this one-day show, or not;  
unfortunately, the not part won.

</whine>

I hope some form of minutes/presentation slides will be available on  
the net after the event so I can browse them on the Sunday :p

Cheers,

-Markus

---

From: Tony Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 20:33:31 -0800

> book them roughly month in advance, and because I knew I was going  
> to IETF, of course I had booked them bit before that.
> </whine>

Sorry.  This was originally announced to the RRG mailing list on  
1/13/07.  Then there was a change of management and that took some  
time to work out.

We'll try to do better next time.

Regards,
Lixia & Tony