Subject: Re: [RAM] Weekly posting summary for [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 10:45:31 -0400 (EDT)

> From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>

    > I'm hearing from folk that they can't keep up with this list ..
    > No one benefits if people quit reading messages due to overload.

True (and I must confess I can't always read all the posts as carefully as
I might like), but at the same time... i) this is a complex topic, and
people shouldn't expect that it will be easy to keep up with, and be part
of, the debate, without some significant expenditure of effort, and ii) a
topic this complex and troubling is going to require a significant amount
of interaction to make progress on, and limiting the interaction is going
to have a negative effect.

If all you were saying is "post sparingly, and use your time at the virtual
mike wisely, but keep at it" I'm OK with that, but I didn't think excessive
posting was a significant problem on RAM.

	Noel

_______________________________________________
RAM mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ram

---

From: David Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 08:11:50 -0700

> posting was a significant problem on RAM.

	I have to agree with Noel here. We're dealing with a
	complex set of problems here that have resisted effective
	solution for *decades* now. Considering that, one would
	hope there is a lot of discussion. And IMO the S/N has
	been relatively favorable (especially as compared to most
	mailing lists).    

	--dmm

---

From: JFC Morfin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 13:42:21 +0200

When there was a similar attempt to consider the mail of the future, 
James Seng had consolidated the different positions and evolutions in 
a very effective Wiki. Maybe someone or some people could be 
interested in such a task? It would be a blessing.
jfc

---

From: Tony Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 11:54:48 -0700

On Apr 7, 2007, at 4:42 AM, JFC Morfin wrote:

> When there was a similar attempt to consider the mail of the  
> future, James Seng had consolidated the different positions and  
> evolutions in a very effective Wiki. Maybe someone or some people  
> could be interested in such a task? It would be a blessing.

The RRG has started such a page already.  It can be found here:   
http://www3.tools.ietf.org/group/irtf/trac/wiki/RoutingResearchGroup

Contributions are welcome.  As always, professional behavior is  
expected.

Tony