Subject: Re: [RAM] RAM, RRG, RADIR and IDR lists

From: "Fergie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 04:59:38 GMT

It is my understanding that this list (RAM) should be used to
discuss the implications, and follow-on discussions of:

 http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~lixia/draft-iab-raws-report.txt

...or whatever the latest published version of the IAB workshop
"stuff" is.

We hashed these issues enough on arch-d so as to warrant moving
those discussion here...

Also -- and not to be taken lightly -- the routing and addressing
implications of v6 multihoming as described in Vince Fuller's
research:

http://www.2007.apricot.net/presentation/apia-future-routing/apia-future-ro
uting-vince-fuller.pdf

Located elsewhere, too. :-)

- - ferg

- -- Robin Whittle <[email-masked]> wrote:

To what extent should we be continuing discussions here on
the RAM list?

Is there anything we are currently discussing here which
would not be better discussed on the Routing Research Group
list?

For those who are interested in improvements to BGP, on the
RRG list, Tony Li recently mentioned an I-D which should
appear in the next few days, with some new ideas.

Lixia Zhang wrote to that list:

  http://psg.com/lists/rrg/2007/msg00124.html

with references to papers which I understand concern packets
still being delivered during BGP convergence, though perhaps
not via the optimal route.  This raises the question of
how "convergence time" is defined.

The RRG is working on a "Design Goals" I-D.

There are also discussions on the RADIR (Routing and
Addressing Directorate) list, which is a closed list with
public archives:

  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/radir

They are working on a "Routing and Addressing Problem
Statement" I-D.

At present, the Inter-Domain Routing list is pretty quiet:

  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr

I understand this list is for substantial proposals for BGP,
while more tentative proposals and ideas belong in the RRG.

  - Robin

_______________________________________________
RAM mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ram

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 Engineering Architecture for the Internet
 fergdawg(at)netzero.net
 ferg's tech blog: http://fergdawg.blogspot.com/

_______________________________________________
RAM mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ram