Subject: [RAM] Re: [RRG] Routers in DFZ

From: Robin Whittle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 11:09:45 +1000

The iPlane project:

  http://iplane.cs.washington.edu/data.html

has a file "Lists of alias clusters", where each line is a router,
with the IP addresses of its one or more interfaces.

I wrote to them earlier this week about trying to use this data to
infer the number of single-homed routers and multihomed/transit
routers.  My analysis of the current file didn't match their
statement in November last year:

  This clustering algorithm, when executed on a typical traceroute
  output, clusters 762,701 interfaces into 54,530 clusters. 653,455
  interfaces are in 10,713 clusters of size greater than 10, while
  21,217 interfaces are in singleton clusters.

When I looked the other day, there were very few single IP address
lines.

They said they would get back to me soon with proper information on
the number of singlehomed and multihomed/border routers, because at
present their data doesn't enable this to be determined.

I will post whatever I find out to this list and to the RAM list.

  - Robin

_______________________________________________
RAM mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ram