Subject: [RAM] (no subject)

From: Lixia Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 12:24:28 -0700

Dear RAM list participants,

As you all know, currently we have routing and addressing architecture
discussions going on two separate mailing lists, RAM and RRG. This is
solely a consequence of past events: RAM list was created November last
year following the IAB workshop on routing and addressing.  RRG was
rechartered March this year to explore new routing architectures and
protocols; since then RRG list has been carrying active discussions
towards that goal. As RRG co-chairs, Tony Li and I would welcome all the
related discussions occurring on the RRG list.  However because RAM list
started earlier, a big part of the discussions have continued on RAM  
list.

Wearing my RAM list moderator hat, and with the agreement of the IAB, I
would like to urge the community to move all the discussions around a
new routing and addressing architecture research to RRG mailing list (To
subscribe RRG list, send mail to [email-masked] with the word
"subscribe" in the body of your email).

The IAB plans to review, over time, whether the RAM list then continues
to serve a useful function -- i.e., whether there are routing &
addressing topics worthy of discussion that belong neither in the RRG
discussions nor in any other existing IETF mailing list venue.  Please
feel free to help identify those topics and discussions. Other related
IETF WGs include IDR and GROW at this time, and new venues may be
created as results from the RRG or elsewhere reach status where
standardization can begin.

Lixia (with multiple hats on)

_______________________________________________
RAM mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ram