Subject: Keep alive

From: "Krishna Prasad Akkineni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 20:42:15 +0530

Hi, 
     This is a query regarding Keep Alive message time.
   While generating Keep alive messages, Does the COPS client 
   need to take previous message (from Server/to client) transaction
   time stamp in deciding the time to send Keep alive message?
   From sec.3.9, It looks like time stamp of last sent Keep alive 
   message is to be considered.
   But sec.4.6, mentioned  "any other COPS message" in the explanation.
   Could some one clarify this?
   -------------------------------------------------------------------
   text related to this query from RFC2748 is given below.
   
   3.9 Keep-Alive (KA)  PEP -> PDP, PDP -> PEP
   The keep-alive message MUST be transmitted by the PEP within the
   period defined by the minimum of all KA Timer values specified in all
   received CAT messages for the connection.  

   4.6 Keep-Alive Operations

   If either side does not receive a Keep-Alive or any
                                                ------
   other COPS message within the minimum KA Timer interval from the
   ------------------ 
   other, the connection SHOULD be considered lost.
   -------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks 
Krishna

-- 
Krishna Prasad.Akkineni
Telecom & Inter-Networking Solutions
WIPRO Technologies,
----------------------------------------------------
The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions
and not necessarily those of WIPRO Technologies.
----------------------------------------------------