Subject: multiple context flags incase of PATH message

From: "Krishna Prasad Akkineni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 13:42:42 +0530

Hi,
   Is it valid to have multiple context flags in the
following Scenario?
COPS Client type  : RSVP
COPS message      : REQ
M-Type in Context : PATH

Following text is an excerpt from RFC2749,section 3.6:
----------      
  a. Multiple context flags can be set only in two generic cases, which
      represent a substantial portion of expected COPS transactions, and
      can be guaranteed not to cause ambiguity.

      Unicast FF:

              [Incoming + Allocation + Outgoing]

      Multicast with only one Resv message received on the interface

              [Incoming + Allocation]
-----------

  Both the two generic cases in the above mentioned excerpt from RFC
relate with RSVP Resv message only. Can we set multiple context
flags incase of PATH message?. If no, then section 5.1 of RFC2749 gave
following example where multiple contexts (in&out) are 
set for PATH message. Could any one please explain this apparent
contradiction
between the two excerpts mentioned.

Excerpt from RFC2749, section 5.1:
--------
   A Path message arrives from S1:

       PEP --> PDP   REQ := <Handle A> <Context: in & out, Path>
                            <In-Interface if2> <Out-Interface if1>
                            <ClientSI: all objects in Path message>

       PDP --> PEP   DEC := <Handle A> <Context: in & out, Path>
                            <Decision: Command, Install>
---------

Thnaks 
Krishna 

----------------------------------------------------
The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions
and not necessarily those of WIPRO Technologies.
----------------------------------------------------