Subject: PRC attribute limitation in SPPI

From: "Hahn, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 18:50:27 -0700

We have received a lot of good feedback on the SPPI draft as a result of the
IESG review and  one minor issue came out that we have addressed in the
document (draft-ietf-rap-sppi-06.txt). 

Section 7.1.8 now states:

7.1.8.  Provisioning Classes

The operations (on PIBs) supported by the SPPI apply exclusively to
PRCs.  Each PRC is modeled as a tabular structure, i.e., a table.  Each
instance of a particular PRC has the same set of attributes.  The set of
attributes which belong to every instance of a particular PRC is
modeled as a row in the table. Note that a PRC must have no more than
127 attributes. The usage of subids (for PRC attributes) beyond 127
(that is 128 and above) is reserved for Mapping PIBs to MIBs (see
Appendix A).  PRCs that require more than 127 attributes must use the
AUGMENTS clause to augment the PRC containing the initial 127 attributes
to add additional attributes.

This limits a specific PRC table to 127 columns. If a PRC contains more than
127 columns it must be broken up into two tables with the second table
AUGMENTing the first.  I would like to ask people to speak up within a week
if they have a serious issue with the limitation.

Thanks.
	-Scott