Subject: Diffserv PIB and LDAP

From: Marco De Bernardi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 10:47:09 +0100

Hi to everybody,

I have two questions about Diffserv PIB.
1)Can the PDP dinamically link the PRIs (with "next" attribute) ? If the
answer is "YES", the PDP makes links between PRIs basing the PEP
capabilities?

2) A PIB is a virtual policy data base. Is a PIB implemented by LDAP
protocol? Are there any implementations?

Thanks

---

From: Kwok Ho Chan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 10:56:48 -0500

Hi Marco:
Please see response inline.
-- Kwok --

>answer is "YES", the PDP makes links between PRIs basing the PEP

Yes, with dynamic meaning based on more general, network wide policies
at the PDP and higher level servers.

>protocol? Are there any implementations?

A PIB is a data representation that is carried over the wire.
The PDP may store the Policy Data Base using any data base technology
it chooses.  Currently PIBs are carried by the COPS-PR protocol.