Subject: Handling multiple events at the PEP

From: Kaustubh Phanse <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:46:57 -0500 (EST)

Hi! everyone,

	I had a question as to how multiple (almost simultaneous) events
are handled at a PEP.

	RFC 2748 states the following (about the stateful nature of the
COPS protocol) on pages 3 and 4:
	"By (2) we mean that
         the server may respond to new queries differently because of
         previously installed Request/Decision state(s) that are
         related."

	So, (in an outsourcing model) if a PEP has multiple policy
requests to be sent (in response to almost simultaneous occurence of
events), does the PEP wait for the PDP to send a decision on its previous
policy request before sending the next request, to ensure that a proper
Request/Decision state is installed (given that subsequent queries may be
related)?

Thank you very much.
regards
Kaustubh

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Kaustubh S. Phanse					  [email-masked]
 PhD student				       http://www.ee.vt.edu/~kphanse
 Alexandria Research Institute
 Electrical & Computer Engineering Department
 Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------