Subject: Diffserv PIB

From: Marco De Bernardi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 11:07:01 +0100

Hi everybody,

I have a little question for you about the Diffserv PIB. How does the PDP
uses the capabilities
informations reported by the PEP's request message?
Do you have an exemple?

Thanks. 

You can mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Kwok Ho Chan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 13:08:45 -0500

Please reference 2nd to 5th paragraphs of section 7 (PIB Operational Overview)
of draft-ietf-diffserv-pib-05.txt.

Building on the info in the above reference...
The PDP will know if the PEP support a specific type of dropper, and
a specific type of scheduler.
The higher level Policies known to the PDP may indicate a specific
behavior needed to support a service.  This behavior may be achieved
by a specific mix of droppers, queues and schedulers on a single PEP.
And the same behavior may be achieved by another specific mix of
droppers, queues and schedulers on another PEP.
The PDP will use the capabilities indicated by each PEP to achieve
the required behavior for supporting the service required.

Please let me and others in the RAP/COPS community know if you have
other usage in mind.
Thanks!
-- Kwok --