Subject: Urgent: draft-ietf-rap-frameworkpib-08.txt - additional last call

From: "Hahn, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 00:22:28 -0700

The Framework PIB has been updated following IESG comments and some
very intensive work by several people. The new I-D is at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rap-frameworkpib-08.txt

There are a number of changes since the version that passed WG Last Call and
our AD has asked for an additional last call. Since the IESG is expediting
the review of this draft to meet a 3GPP deadline, it is important to get any
comments from the WG ASAP. Comments need to be received in the next day or
so.

I'm sorry about the short notice, but we really want to help 3GPP meet their
deadlines.

Please review this document and send any comments to the list as soon as
possible (i.e. now).

  Scott Hahn
  RAP WG co-chair

---

From: Brian Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 19:09:31 +1000

Hi All.
I feel I should point out that there should no longer be any time
pressures on this draft from the 3gpp perspective. The framework PIB is
no longer listed as a dependency to the 3gpp development. This was
finally determined at the last CN3 meeting in may after continued
development of the 3gpp Go PIB. Therefore, 3gpp timelines should not be
used as a reason to rush through a review of the PIB.

I cannot unfortunately give a url to the updated work plan which was
edited online at the meeting. I shall have to pass this on to David (CN3
secretary responsible for the CN3 updates to the work plan) to provide
confirmation/updated work plan details if anyone feels it necessary.
/brian

---

From: Kwok Ho Chan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 11:45:06 -0400

Hi All:
Time pressure on this draft from the 3GPP perspective still holds.
The framework PIB is still listed as a possible dependency to the 3GPP
development. As indicated by Stephen Hayes.

Also the 3GPP Go PIB is not totally completed at the last CN3 meeting in May.
There will be additional contributions to the 3GPP Go PIB in the next meeting
at Helsinki to complete the 3GPP Go PIB.  These contributions will add in the
needed dependencies on the Framework PIB.

-- Kwok --

---

From: Brian Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 07:36:30 +1000

Hi.
comments inline.
/brian

> development. As indicated by Stephen Hayes. 

I repeat that to my recollection, the dependency to the framework PIB
(along with 2 other drafts) was removed from the work plan during the
online editing. This updated document will be presented at the next CN
plenary meeting.

I have added Stephen Hayes as a receiver to this email. Stephen, can you
please confirm the status of the dependency to the framework PIB from
the work plan changes at the last CN3 meeting.

> needed dependencies on the Framework PIB. 

Future contributions are not an agreed part of the specification, and
are subject to the usual approval process. Hence, they may not be
included. Until that meeting introduces these dependencies, my current
understanding is that there are none to the framework PIB from 3gpp CN3.