Subject: Re: PEP behavior

From: Íõ¶°Æ½ <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:59:51 +0800

But how to deal with the packet waiting for forwarding, buffering it to wait response or discarding it?

>IMHO, it should continue treating other packets.

>Regards,
>Kaustubh
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, hajer F. wrote:
>
>>  Hello all,  I'm trying to implement a COPS module for NS (Network Simulator). I'm wondering what should be the PEP >behavior while waiting for a response from a PDP concerning a decision for forwarding a packet (In RSVP case for exemple). >Is it blocked or could it continue treating other packets. Thanks for any help. Hajer.
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.
>> Introducing My Way - http://www.myway.com
>>

.

---

From: Kaustubh Phanse <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:19:08 -0400 (EDT)

Till a decision is received (say for bandwidth reservation, e.g., RSVP
RESV), the PEP could treat the packets as best-effort (if the source
decides to start transmission without waiting for bandwidth reservation
confirmation).