Subject: [Rfced-future] Call for nominations: RFC Editor Future Development Program Chair(s)

From: IAB Executive Administrative Manager <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 10:06:17 -0700

As previously discussed, the IAB is seeking an additional chair or 
chairs for the RFC Editor Future Development Program [1].

This program is modeled on an IETF working group, and will use its 
mailing list ([email-masked]) to develop and validate consensus 
among the participants. 

The program currently has one chair, Eliot Lear. The current IAB has 
received significant feedback from the community that a second chair 
needs to be selected, and the IAB is eager to fill that position with a 
great candidate as soon as is practical. The IAB is now seeking at least 
one additional chair from outside the IAB to join Eliot. Together, these 
chairs will set the detailed agenda, manage the program, and call 
consensus among the participants. The program also has two liaisons from 
the IAB to assist with logistical matters, Wes Hardaker and Jared Mauch.

If you are interested in serving in this role, please send a short email 
message to [email-masked] and [email-masked] with your motivation and 
information concerning your familiarity with IETF working groups or 
similar processes. The deadline for volunteering is Tuesday, 2020-05-12 
at 2359 UTC. The IAB will then solicit public comments on the candidates 
before making a decision.

Best regards,
Cindy Morgan, for the IAB

[1] <https://www.iab.org/activities/programs/rfc-editor-future-development-program/>

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 08:33:20 +1200

Speaking as one who is definitely not going to volunteer for this,
for several reasons, I really want to encourage everybody who cares
about the RFC series to consider doing so. There were good candidates
the last time, but mainly from the "old guard". This time, it would
be great to have some new and different names too.

Regards
   Brian Carpenter

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 22:35:08 +0200

+1.

> On 16 Apr 2020, at 22:33, Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> rfc-interest mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-interest