Subject: [Rfced-future] Model proposal

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 11:12:57 -0700

Eliot proposed this list:

> When discussing appeals chains, it is probably worth asking a few
> questions to be sure we have this right:
> 
> What can be appealed?
> What remedies are permitted in the appeal at what level?
> What are the interests in potential appellate bodies that might conflict?
> Would a potential appellate body agree to extend its remit to cover such service?
> Does the potential appellate body have the necessary authority to institute a remedy?

I'd argue there is an important one missing: what are the necessary
requirements/characteristics of the body to be appealed to?  I think
there is consensus that RSOC didn't work, and I think there is consensus
that the IAB isn't likely the right place.  However, to pick the right
place, shouldn't we define requirements for that body should consist of
"feature-wise" so we can make an accurate selection?

[I recognize that was a heavily engineering-approach paragraph]

-- 
Wes Hardaker
USC/ISI