Subject: [Rfid] RFID Simulation Models

From: Vartika Bhandari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 12:00:01 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,
I am interested in RFID protocol simulation. Are there simulation models for RFID available? I 
would appreciate any information in this regard.

Thanks,
Vartika

_______________________________________________
Rfid mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rfid

---

From: "P. Krishna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 17:55:53 -0400

Hi Vartika,
To clarify, I think you are looking for the RF-network simulation. I am
not aware of publicly available models. 

But I dont think it should be difficult to extend existing publicly
available tools like NS to support rfid-reader-nodes and tags. If you
are interested, here is a quick overview of the problem in hand ...

The air-protocol specifies 
(i)  the RF parameters for the forward and reverse link, 
(ii) the singulation protocol. 

(i) determines the link bandwidth, and also interference with other
readers/tags.
(ii) determines the tag-read rate. For example, the new C1G2 protocol
uses a slotted-aloha type of protocol.

So, a reader-model will entail modelling the 'coverage' and interference
reach of the reader as function of the RF parameters; this may also
require the tag's perspective by having a random function in the
tag-node to determine if the tag gets 'energized' or not.
And secondly, the singulation algorithm - which is very well defined in
the protocols and is relatively simpler to code-up that state machine in
the reader and tags. 

Feel free to contact me if you are interested in more details.

Thanks,
/Krishna