Subject: [Rfid] SLRRP draft 02: Support of multiple protocols by a single antenna ?

From: Bud Biswas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:20:03 -0700 (PDT)

Krishna:

In section 3.4.5, we are assuming that a single antenna (as designated
by the antenna id field) can read multiple air protocol tags. This
happens we set a value of 7 in the air protocol field implying that we
want to read tags of types, C0G1, C1G1 and C1G2. Is this the intention
?

Also, it is possible that RNC does not know the type of tags a reader
can read. The reader is capable of only some types. Then the reader can
send a response of what types it is supporting. Is it something
desirable ?may be the reader has sent that info to RNC with the
GET_READER_INFO_RESPONSE.

Thanks.

Bud

Polaris Networks
RFID Test Tools Group

B. Biswas
President and CEO, Polaris Networks
781-698-9049
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Rfid mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rfid

---

From: "P. Krishna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:21:41 -0400

> want to read tags of types, C0G1, C1G1 and C1G2. Is this the intention

I used one-hot encoding for the air protocol field. This is to allow for
RNC to send a single inventory command for multiple-protocols. This is
only if the reader is capable of processing multi-protocol inventory
command. The RNC fills in the specific parameters for each protocol in
the command. As you stated if the value is 7, then the RNC sends
parameters for C0G1, C1G1 and C1G2 protocols along with the command.

If the reader is not capable of processing multi-protocol inventory
commands, then the RNC sends single-protocol inventory commands.

> GET_READER_INFO_RESPONSE.
I've already addressed this in your previous email question. I hope that
was clear.

/Krishna