Subject: [Rfid] Frequency Hopping.

From: Ramya Desai <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 18:08:03 +0530

Dear all,
I am new to this group.
I am very confused about the protocol used in frequency hopping to
have synchronization and acquisition.
Where can I get the related document to develop my RFID stack ?

Thanks and regards,
Ramya

_______________________________________________
Rfid mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rfid

---

From: "Jeffrey Fischer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 11:20:32 -0400

Hi Ramya,

Frequency hopping in RFID is different than frequency hopping in other
types of radio systems, because the tag does not generate a carrier of
its own.  It only echoes the one that the reader uses to interrogate it
with.  As a result. there is no synchronization or acquisition of the
carrier as there would be in a conventional frequency hopping system.

Furthermore, there is not even a need to specify what that carrier is if
you have a single reader in a system.  The only reason to actually
create a frequency plan is to prevent the transmit signal from multiple
readers from stepping on each others receive signals.

If you have specific questions regarding your development, I would be
happy to try to field them.

Jeff Fischer
Reva Systems
100 Apollo Dr.
Chelmsford, MA 01824
Desk: 978-244-0010 x205
Cell:   617-823-2560

--