Subject: [Rfid] Ver 02 of the draft

From: "P. Krishna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 17:16:53 -0400

Here is the link to the draft:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-krishna-slrrp-02.txt

For your convenience, I'm also attaching the changelist from ver 01 of
the draft.

Thanks,
Krishna

----- Changelist -----
Based on feedback and suggestions from SLRRP developers, here are 
the changes made in Rev 02 of the draft:

1) Thanks to Suresh Bhaskaran of Intelleflex for pointing out a bug in
the Target Tag parameter in an access command. I've made changes in both
C1G2 Target Tag Parameter and the C1G1 Target Tag parameters. 

2) Changed the following parameters so that they dont have repeating
array of complex types. Nested parameters are okay. This makes parameter
parsing simple. An array is now encoded by sending multiple instances of
the parameter.

- Network interface parameter: It used to have a repeating array of 
<Mode, Power requirement>. Changed it to send only one mode at a time.
                                       
- Antenna configuration parameter: It used to have a repeating array of
<Antenna ID, Antenna type, Gain>. Changed it to contain only one antenna
at a time. 
                                                           
- Frequency Hop Tables Parameter: It used to have a repeating array of
<FhSeqId, #of hops, {frequencies}>. Changed it to contain only one hop
sequence at a time.

- EPC C1G2 Filter parameter: It used to have repeating array of filter
Specs which contained <truncate bit, Action, Memory bank, pointer, Mask
length, Mask>. Changed it to contain only one filter spec at a time.

3) Changed the Inventory operation timing parameter:
- We had a notion of start round # and end round # for which the
parameters are to be used; instead we have simplified it to just # of
rounds.                                                                                                                                        

4) Clarifications:
- Its made clear that only the timing parameter is mandatory in the
Inventory command parameter block. The other parameters namely, Filter
parameter, RF parameter and singulation parameters are optional.
                                                                       
- When a stop_access command is sent, when does the removed access-spec
stop taking effect.
                                                                                                                                                             - Page 5: Removed functions that are not instrumented or controlled by SLRRP protocol (e.g., configuration, discovery). These are captured in the Working Group charter and will be tackled by other protocols.                                                                                                                     

5) Added parameter definitions for the inventory access report
- Inventory and Access Report Parameter: Section 3.5.6.1
- Inventory and Access Data Parameter: Section 3.5.6.2
- Tag Data Parameter: Section 3.5.6.3

-------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Rfid mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rfid