Subject: [Rfid] draft-krishna-slrrp-02: Triggers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:25:19 -0500

In addition to supporting one or more RFID air-protocols, an RFID reader may
digital input ports that can be wired to the output of sensors such as
motion detectors.  Does SLRRP provide a mechanism to associate a digital
input port as a triggering mechanism either to initiate a read-cycle or to
initiate report generation?
 
Sections 3.4.14 and 3.5.6.1 mention triggers.  Only in 3.5.6.1 does there
appear to be a specific definition of a trigger and that is only a "timer".
 
Rob Buck
 
"This message is intended only for the named recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing
or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is
strictly prohibited."  
_______________________________________________
Rfid mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rfid