Subject: RE: [Rfid] SLRRP open source project created

From: "Scott Barvick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 16:35:06 -0400

Margaret,

Good catch!  It was clearly not the intent to misrepresent the status of the SLRRP effort in the IETF.  We will fix the wording immediately.

Thanks,
Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Margaret Wasserman [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wed 6/29/2005 1:05 PM
To: Scott Barvick; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Rfid] SLRRP open source project created

Hi Scott,

The sourceforge web site for this project says:

"SLRRP is the Simple Lightweight RFID Reader Protocol, an IETF draft 
standard protocol used to convey configuration, control, status, and 
tag information between controllers and readers in an IP-based RFID 
network."

Unfortunately, this is incorrect, as SLRRP is not (yet, anyway) an 
IETF standard protocol of any kind, and it is certainly not a Draft 
Standard (which would imply that it has been through two steps of the 
standards process, and that interoperability has been documented). 
SLRRP is currently an individual submission Internet-Draft with no 
official standing in the IETF at all.

Are you the correct person to contact about correcting this web site? 
Or could you contact the correct people?

Margaret

At 7:20 AM -0400 6/29/05, Scott Barvick wrote:
Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
	boundary="----_=_NextPart_001_01C57C9C.885A87CE"

I am pleased to announce that an open source project to implement the 
SLRRP protocol has been created on the SourceForge open source 
software site. The goal of this project is to provide an open, 
community developed implementation of the SLRRP protocol that follows 
the specification as it progresses through the standards process.

The project home page can be found at:
<http://slrrp.sourceforge.net>http://slrrp.sourceforge.net
and the project summary page can be found at:
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/slrrp>http://sourceforge.net/projects/slrrp 
(the two sites link to each other).

A working implementation of the draft-krishna-slrrp-02.txt has been 
released into the project to provide the starting point.   While 
there is always more to do, it does provide a good base for the 
community to take forward as SLRRP progresses.

Logistically, the protocol specification should continue to be 
discussed and progressed on this list, and details of the open source 
implementation (that are not base protocol related) should be 
directed to the forums on the SourceForge project site.  It is hoped 
that we can get a good base of contribution to the specification and 
the open source project from a wide variety of participants 
interested in an open standard reader protocol.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions about the open source effort
or the protocol in general. 

Thanks,
Scott

_______________________________________________
Rfid mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rfid

_______________________________________________
Rfid mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rfid

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 18:07:08 -0400

Hi Scott,

Thanks!  (And sorry for sending my previous message to the whole 
list, I only meant to send it to you.)

Margaret

At 4:35 PM -0400 6/29/05, Scott Barvick wrote:
Margaret,

Good catch!  It was clearly not the intent to misrepresent the status 
of the SLRRP effort in the IETF.  We will fix the wording immediately.

Thanks,
Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Margaret Wasserman 
[<mailto:[email-masked]>mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wed 6/29/2005 1:05 PM
To: Scott Barvick; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Rfid] SLRRP open source project created

Hi Scott,

Margaret

The project home page can be found at:
<<http://slrrp.sourceforge.net>http://slrrp.sourceforge.net><http://slrrp.sourceforge.net>http://slrrp.sourceforge.net
and the project summary page can be found at:
<<http://sourceforge.net/projects/slrrp>http://sourceforge.net/projects/slrrp><http://sourceforge.net/projects/slrrp>http://sourceforge.net/projects/slrrp
(the two sites link to each other).

Thanks,
Scott

_______________________________________________
Rfid mailing list
[email-masked]
<https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rfid>https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rfid