Subject: [Rfid] Requirements draft for draft-krishna-slrrp-02.txt

From: Arjun Roychowdhury <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 13:18:40 -0400

Hi ,
Just joined this IETF group - I am curious if there is any requirements draft
that precedes draft-krishna-slrrp-02.txt ? 

Is there any draft that describes the requirements of this protocol
being developed so that I can better understand the agreed upon
motivations before I comment ?

There are a lot of questions that come to mind regarding certain
choices specified in this draft, and I see some of them have been
discussed previously in the archives (including binary vs XML). Others
include more discussion on what one means when 'scalability' is a
concern : are there any routing / location requirements in the
protocol that is needed on the network side  (etc etc - the list could
go on)

Thanks
Arjun

-- 
Arjun Roychowdhury

_______________________________________________
Rfid mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rfid

---

From: Scott Barvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 08:06:50 -0400

Arjun,

There is no specific requirements draft that precedes the
draft-krishna-slrrp-02.txt.   The motivations are outlined in the
Introduction section in the draft itself as well as in the draft charter
that was first provided for comment for the BoF in March.  

The most recent version of the draft charter was posted in:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/rfid/current/msg00159.html

Feel free to refer to either with questions or comments.

Scott