Subject: RE: [Rfid] SLRRP -> RRCP?

From: "P. Krishna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 00:32:28 -0400

> If the name does become a big issue, I would rather not go from one acronym to another one, but just call it Reader Protocol > - this way there will not be any confusion.
 
Hi Margaret, 
a faux pas in my previous email:
I wanted to suggest "Reader Control Protocol" - keeping it simple and removing the confusion of 2Rs in your RRCP proposal.
 
Regards,
/Krishna
 
_______________________________________________
Rfid mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rfid

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 07:39:21 -0400

Hi Krishna,

I'm glad you wrote this second note, because I was quite surprised 
that you thought calling this protocol the "Reader Protocol" would be 
_less_ confusing.  :-)

Within EPC Global, it might make sense to simply call something the 
"Reader Protocol", as EPC Global does, because their work is entirely 
scoped to RFID.

Within the IETF, though, I think some indication of the fact that 
this is a control protocol for _RFID_ readers (as opposed to barcode 
readers, RSS readers, etc.) is needed.

Margaret

At 12:32 AM -0400 7/21/05, P. Krishna wrote:
>  If the name does become a big issue, I would rather not go from one 
>acronym to another one, but just call it Reader Protocol > - this 
>way there will not be any confusion.

Hi Margaret,
a faux pas in my previous email:
I wanted to suggest "Reader Control Protocol" - keeping it simple and 
removing the confusion of 2Rs in your RRCP proposal.

Regards,
/Krishna