Subject: [rip] Regarding RIP authentication support through MIB

From: Vallem Veerendranatha Reddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:27:44 +0530

Dear All,

As per RFC 4822 (RIPv2 cryptographic authentication), RIP can support
multiple crypto authentications along with MD5 authentication like
HMAC-SHA256.

But to get the authentication information through SNMP (MIB), as per RFC
1724 , there is no filed to support new authentications.

Please let us know whether any new updated INA values for new authentication
algorithms or 3 can be modified to "crypto" (same as OSPF).

rip2IfConfAuthType OBJECT-TYPE

        SYNTAX   INTEGER {

                    noAuthentication (1),

                    simplePassword (2),

                    md5 (3)

                 }

        MAX-ACCESS   read-create

Thanks & Regards,

Veerendranath 

Huawei Technologies India Pvt Ltd.

Leela Galleria,

Banaglore,India.