Subject: Re: [Roll] [roll] #103: trickle-mcast: suppress ICMP messages for PROACTIVE_TIMER_EXPIRATIONS

From: "roll issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 13:46:02 -0000

#103: trickle-mcast: suppress ICMP messages for PROACTIVE_TIMER_EXPIRATIONS

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 Don Sturek writes:

 {{{

 1)  "- I have argued that to increase MPL's applicability,
 PROACTIVE_FORWARDING
   should be a per-interface and not a per-forwarder setting.  I can
 imagine,
 for
   example, a router that has both LLN and traditional interfaces and
 proactive
   forwarding seems unnecessary for the latter.  As [RFC 4007] states:
 "Zone
   boundaries cut through nodes, not links."  Suggested wording in section
 5.4
   could be "PROACTIVE_FORWARDING has a default value of TRUE on links
   where Realm-Local scope is defined, and FALSE otherwise."

     Given how forwarding is defined in the draft, I don't see how the
 scenario
 above is possible unless the links on the "traditional interfaces" happen
 to be
 members of the same MPL Domain as the LLN

 }}}

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-roll-trickle-
  [email-masked]       |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  reopened
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  trickle-     |     Version:
  mcast                  |  Resolution:
 Severity:  In WG Last   |
  Call                   |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/trac/ticket/103#comment:3>
roll <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/roll/>