Subject: [rtcweb] AD Evaluation of draft-uberti-rtcweb-rfc8829bis

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2022 21:12:18 -0700

Hi, thanks for getting this moving.  I'm just looking at the diff between
this and RFC 8829 for this review.  There's only one small thing, so I'm
also going to request Last Call now, and we can resolve these points along
with any other Last Call feedback you get.

Section 1.3 says:

   When [RFC8829 <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc8829>] was
published, inconsistencies regarding BUNDLE
   [RFC9143 <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc9143>] operation
were identified with regard to both the
   specification text as well as implementation behavior.  The former
   concern was addressed via an update to [RFC9143
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc9143>].  For the latter
   concern, it was observed that some implementations implemented the
   "max-bundle" bundle policy defined in [RFC8829
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc8829>] by assuming that
   bundling had already been negotiated, rather than marking "m="
   sections as bundle-only as indicated by the specification.  In order
   to prevent unexpected changes to applications relying on the pre-
   standard behavior, the decision was made to deprecate "max-bundle"
   and instead introduce an identically defined "must-bundle" policy
   that, when selected, provides the behavior originally specified by
   [RFC8829 <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc8829>].

But RFC 9143 was the update, it's not the thing being updated.  So I think
that second sentence needs to change to something like:

"The former concern was addressed in RFC 9143, which obsoleted RFC 8843."

-MSK

---

From: Justin Uberti <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 12:01:08 -0700

Good catch. This was probably caused by the search-and-replace we did when
publishing this draft, we can fix it with any other feedback as you
mentioned.

On Mon, Mar 14, 2022 at 9:12 PM Murray S. Kucherawy <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>    When [RFC8829 <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc8829>] was published, inconsistencies regarding BUNDLE
>    [RFC9143 <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc9143>] operation were identified with regard to both the
>    concern was addressed via an update to [RFC9143 <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc9143>].  For the latter
>    "max-bundle" bundle policy defined in [RFC8829 <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc8829>] by assuming that
> _______________________________________________
> rtcweb mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtcweb
>