Subject: IESG agenda for 2005-09-29 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 04:01:39 -0700 (PDT)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2005-09-29).

Updated 2:30:18 EDT, September 26, 2005
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

  2.1 WG Submissions

    2.1.1 New Item

      Area  Date

      INT         BGP-MPLS IP VPN extension for IPv6 VPN (Proposed
                  Standard) - 1 of 12
                  draft-ietf-l3vpn-bgp-ipv6-07.txt [Open Web Ballot]
           Token: Mark Townsley
      INT         DHCP over InfiniBand (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 12
                  draft-ietf-ipoib-dhcp-over-infiniband-10.txt [Open Web
                  Ballot]
           Token: Margaret Wasserman
      TSV         Definitions of Managed Objects For iFCP (Proposed
                  Standard) - 3 of 12
                  draft-ietf-ips-ifcp-mib-06.txt
                  Note: Last Call ends 9/22 - Last Call comments by Bert
                  as notes to rfc editor (midnight)
           Token: Allison Mankin
      RTG         BGP Route Reflection - An Alternative to Full Mesh
                  IBGP (Draft Standard) - 4 of 12
                  draft-ietf-idr-rfc2796bis-01.txt [Open Web Ballot]
           Token: Bill Fenner
                  IRIS - An Address Registry (areg) Type for the
      APP         Internet Registry Information Service (Proposed
                  Standard) - 5 of 12
                  draft-ietf-crisp-iris-areg-12.txt [Open Web Ballot]
           Token: Ted Hardie
      INT         Constrained VPN Route Distribution (Proposed Standard)
                  - 6 of 12
                  draft-ietf-l3vpn-rt-constrain-02.txt
           Token: Mark Townsley
      INT         Virtual Private LAN Service (Proposed Standard) - 7 of
                  12
                  draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-bgp-05.txt
                  Note: This document will go forward simultaneously
                  with draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-07.txt
           Token: Mark Townsley
      INT         Virtual Private LAN Services over MPLS (Proposed
                  Standard) - 8 of 12
                  draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-ldp-07.txt
                  Note: Taking this forward simultaneously with
                  draft-ietf-l2vpn-vpls-bgp
           Token: Mark Townsley
      TSV         Two-Document ballot: - 9 of 12
                  Communications Resource Priority for the Session
                  Initiation Protocol (SIP) (Proposed Standard) - 9 of
                  12
                  draft-ietf-sip-resource-priority-10.txt
                  Note: These docs were much reviewed (by Chairs, WG and
                  me) on architecture and details, in WG.
                  The reason-header update submitted for publication a
                  long time before its companion,
                  but waited, and then had updates for it.
                  Extending the Session Initiation Protocol Reason
                  Header for Preemption Events (Proposed Standard)
                  draft-ietf-sipping-reason-header-for-preemption-04.txt
                  Note: Last Call comments from the AD given in the SIP
                  meeting: the document must be generic,
                  not have a implied RSVP coupling.
                  The document has been waiting for the heavily reviewed
                  resource-priority header doc
           Token: Allison Mankin
                  Definitions of Managed Objects for Bridges with
      OPS  Sep 22 Traffic Classes, Multicast Filtering and Virtual LAN
                  Extensions (Proposed Standard) - 10 of 12
                  draft-ietf-bridge-ext-v2-07.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                  Note: IETF Last Call ends 23 Sept.
           Token: Bert Wijnen
      APP         IANA Considerations for LDAP (BCP) - 11 of 12
                  draft-ietf-ldapbis-bcp64-05.txt [Open Web Ballot]
           Token: Ted Hardie
                  RObust Header Compression (ROHC): A Link-Layer
      TSV         Assisted Profile for IP/UDP/RTP (Proposed Standard) -
                  12 of 12
                  draft-ietf-rohc-rfc3242bis-01.txt
                  Note: Last Call ends 9/26 - no IETF comments so far,
                  but encouraged.
           Token: Allison Mankin

    2.1.2 Returning Item

       Area  Date

       INT         Authentication of DHCP Relay Agent Options Using
                   IPsec (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 2
                   draft-ietf-dhc-relay-agent-ipsec-02.txt [Open Web
                   Ballot]
                   Note: Document has been updated to address discuss
                   comments from Russ and Bert -- on agenda to see if
                   all issues have been resolved or if any remain.
            Token: Margaret Wasserman
       INT         Node-Specific Client Identifiers for DHCPv4 (Proposed
                   Standard) - 2 of 2
                   draft-ietf-dhc-3315id-for-v4-05.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                   Note: On agenda to clear David's discuss and check
                   that IANA issues are resolved.  David, section 7 was
                   added to address your concerns.  If they have not
                   been fully addressed, can you let us know what issues
                   remain?
            Token: Margaret Wasserman

  2.2 Individual Submissions

        2.2.1 New Item

           Area  Date

           GEN         Internet Code Point Assignments for NSAP
                       Addresses (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 2
                       draft-gray-rfc1888bis-02.txt
                       Note: 22-Sep-05:Â  Please review the -02 version
                       which has been submitted, but which is not yet in
                       the archive.
                Token: Margaret Wasserman
           GEN  Sep 22 BCP101 Update for IPR Trust (BCP) - 2 of 2
                       draft-carpenter-bcp101-update-01.txt [Open Web
                       Ballot]
                       Note: IETF Last Call ends today (Sep 22nd)
                Token: Bert Wijnen

        2.2.2 Returning Item
              NONE

3. Document Actions

      3.1 WG Submissions

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

            3.1.1 New Item

               Area  Date

               TSV         Three-Document ballot: - 1 of 4
                           Architecture for Reliable Server Pooling
                           (Informational) - 1 of 4
                           draft-ietf-rserpool-arch-10.txt
                           Note: PROTO Shepherd: Maureen Stillman
                           Comparison of Protocols for Reliable Server
                           Pooling (Informational)
                           draft-ietf-rserpool-comp-10.txt
                           Note: PROTO Shepherd: Maureen Stillman
                           Threats Introduced by Rserpool and
                           Requirements for Security in response to
                           Threats (Informational)
                           draft-ietf-rserpool-threats-05.txt
                           Note: PROTO Shepherd: Maureen Stillman
                    Token: Jon Peterson
               APP         OPES SMTP Use Cases (Informational) - 2 of 4
                           draft-ietf-opes-smtp-use-cases-03.txt [Open
                           Web Ballot]
                    Token: Ted Hardie
               SEC         SSH Public Key File Format (Informational) -
                           3 of 4
                           draft-ietf-secsh-publickeyfile-09.txt [Open
                           Web Ballot]
                    Token: Sam Hartman
               GEN  Sep 18 The IEEE 802/IETF Relationship
                           (Informational) - 4 of 4
                           draft-iab-ieee-802-rel-01.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                           Note: Â  This is a document produced by the
                           IAB
                           Â  Document has been reviewed by IAB.
                           Â  IAB now sollicits review and comments
                           from IESG.
                    Token: Bert Wijnen

            3.1.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

      3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

            3.2.1 New Item

               Area  Date

               APP         LDAP Bulk Update/Replication Protocol
                           (Informational) - 1 of 4
                           draft-rharrison-lburp-04.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Ted Hardie
               RTG         Three-Document ballot: [Open Web Ballot] - 2
                           of 4
                           OSPF Link-local Signaling (Experimental) - 2
                           of 4
                           draft-nguyen-ospf-lls-05.txt
                           OSPF Out-of-band LSDB resynchronization
                           (Informational)
                           draft-nguyen-ospf-oob-resync-05.txt
                           OSPF Restart Signaling (Informational)
                           draft-nguyen-ospf-restart-05.txt
                    Token: Bill Fenner
                           Use of IKEv2 in The Fibre Channel Security
               SEC         Association Management Protocol
                           (Informational) - 3 of 4
                           draft-maino-fcsp-02.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                    Token: Russ Housley
                           A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for
               GEN         the Open Mobile Alliance (OMA)
                           (Informational) - 4 of 4
                           draft-smith-oma-urn-00.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                           Note: Sent to the URN-NID list on August
                           25th
                    Token: Ted Hardie

            3.2.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

      3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor

          The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
          found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2)
          The
          IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
          <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
          that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
          not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
          document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
          IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval.

          Other matters may be recorded in comments to be passed on
          to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

                3.3.1 New Item
                      NONE
                3.3.2 Returning Item
                      NONE

4. Working Group Actions

       4.1 WG Creation

               4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                       Area  Date
                       APP  Sep 22 Widget Description Exchange Service
                                   (widex) - 1 of 2
                            Token: Scott
                       INT  Sep 22 Lightweight Reachability softWires
                                   (lrw) - 2 of 2
                            Token: Mark

              4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                     Area  Date
                     INT  Jun 9  Ad-Hoc Network Autoconfiguration
                                 (autoconf) - 1 of 2
                          Token: Margaret
                     INT  Sep 8  Mobile Nodes and Multiple Interfaces
                                 in IPv6 (monami6) - 2 of 2
                          Token: Margaret

          4.2 WG Rechartering

                    4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

7. Working Group News