Subject: Fwd: Re: routing expert to help with NETLMM WG?

From: Ross Callon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 18:25:32 -0400

The NETLMM working group is looking for a volunteer (or
a very small number of volunteers) with routing clue to help
with their work.

Any volunteers? Please let Bill and I know if you are
volunteering, so that we can stop beating horses.

 >The NETLMM working group is designing a local mobility
 >mechanism, basically allowing unmodified hosts to move
 >around within a domain and keep their IP address assignments.
 >As a part of the discussions in the WG's list a question has
 >come up whether routing protocols could be a component
 >of the NETLMM solution. The group has previously assumed
 >that such a solution would not scale, but they recently learned
 >that some tools (e.g. OSPF stub areas) might avoid the
 >scalability issues.
 >
 >A design team is currently working towards a solution
 >proposal. I was wondering if you knew someone with
 >routing clue and interest in looking at the mobility space
 >and provide some feedback to the design team on what's
 >possible and not possible with routing solutions.
 >
 >--Jari

---

From: Russ White <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 09:44:34 -0400

Alvaro and I both volunteer for this. Is the best thing just to join the
list, or is there some specific list we need to join?

:-)

Russ

>>possible and not possible with routing solutions.

- --
[email-masked] CCIE <>< Grace Alone