Subject: IESG agenda for 2006-09-14 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 04:01:23 -0700 (PDT)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2006-09-14).

Updated 2:2:39 EDT, September 11, 2006
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat
    1.5 Review of Projects

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions

          2.1.1 New Item

             Area  Date

             TSV         GIST: General Internet Signaling Transport
                         (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 7
                         draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp-11.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                         Note: WG Shepherd: John Loughney
                         ([email-masked])
                  Token: Magnus Westerlund
                         Connecting IPv6 Islands over IPv4 MPLS using
             RTG         IPv6 Provider Edge Routers (6PE) (Proposed
                         Standard) - 2 of 7
                         draft-ooms-v6ops-bgp-tunnel-06.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: Despite its filename, this is an *IDR*
                         working group draft.
                  Token: Bill Fenner
                         Registration Event Package Extension for
             RAI         Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Globally
                         Routable User Agent URIs (GRUU) (Proposed
                         Standard) - 3 of 7
                         draft-ietf-sipping-gruu-reg-event-06.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                  Token: Jon Peterson
             SEC         The Kerberos V5 ("GSSAPI") SASL mechanism
                         (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 7
                         draft-ietf-sasl-gssapi-08.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Sam Hartman
             APP         SIEVE Email Filtering: Spamtest and Virustest
                         Extensions (Proposed Standard) - 5 of 7
                         draft-ietf-sieve-spamtestbis-05.txt
                  Token: Lisa Dusseault
             GEN  Aug 22 RFC 3978 Update to recognize the IETF Trust
                         (BCP) - 6 of 7
                         draft-ietf-ipr-ietf-trust-update-03.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                  Token: Brian Carpenter
                         Forward Error Correction Grouping Semantics in
             RAI         Session Description Protocol (Proposed
                         Standard) - 7 of 7
                         draft-ietf-mmusic-fec-grouping-05.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                         Note: PROTO shepherd is Colin
                  Token: Cullen Jennings

          2.1.2 Returning Item

              Area  Date

              RAI         The ENUM Dip Indicator parameter for the
                          "tel" URI (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 1
                          draft-ietf-iptel-tel-enumdi-05.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                          Note: Proto Shepherd: Jonathan Rosenberg
                          <[email-masked]>
                   Token: Cullen Jennings

     2.2 Individual Submissions

            2.2.1 New Item

                Area  Date

                GEN         vCard Extensions for Instant Messaging (IM)
                            (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 3
                            draft-jennings-impp-vcard-07.txt
                     Token: Lisa Dusseault
                SEC         Integrity Transform Carrying Roll-over
                            Counter (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 3
                            draft-lehtovirta-srtp-rcc-05.txt [Open Web
                            Ballot]
                            Note: PROTO Shepherd: Lakshminath Dondeti
                            <[email-masked]>
                     Token: Russ Housley
                GEN         Procedures for protocol extensions and
                            variations (BCP) - 3 of 3
                            draft-carpenter-protocol-extensions-02.txt
                            [Open Web Ballot]
                     Token: Ross Callon

            2.2.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

3. Document Actions

      3.1 WG Submissions

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

            3.1.1 New Item

               Area  Date

               INT         Mobile IPv4 Regional Registration
                           (Experimental) - 1 of 5
                           draft-ietf-mip4-reg-tunnel-03.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Jari Arkko
               RAI         ENUM Validation Architecture (Informational)
                           - 2 of 5
                           draft-ietf-enum-validation-arch-04.txt [Open
                           Web Ballot]
                    Token: Jon Peterson
                           Framework and Requirements for Layer 1
               RTG         Virtual Private Networks (Informational) - 3
                           of 5
                           draft-ietf-l1vpn-framework-04.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Ross Callon
               SEC         Using OpenPGP keys for TLS authentication
                           (Experimental) - 4 of 5
                           draft-ietf-tls-openpgp-keys-11.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Russ Housley
               SEC         Desired Enhancements to GSSAPI Version 3
                           Naming (Informational) - 5 of 5
                           draft-ietf-kitten-gss-naming-05.txt [Open
                           Web Ballot]
                    Token: Russ Housley

            3.1.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

      3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

           3.2.1 New Item

              Area  Date

              SEC  Jan 11 The RC4-HMAC Kerberos Encryption Types Used
                          by Microsoft Windows (Informational) - 1 of 5
                          draft-jaganathan-rc4-hmac-03.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                          Note: The expert has reviewed the draft and
                          sent comments to the author.  I believe a
                          revised ID is required to address these
                          comments.
                   Token: Sam Hartman
              INT         IPv6 Router Advertisement Option for DNS
                          Configuration (Experimental) - 2 of 5
                          draft-jeong-dnsop-ipv6-dns-discovery-09.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                   Token: Mark Townsley
              INT         The Protected One-Time Password Protocol
                          (EAP-POTP) (Informational) - 3 of 5
                          draft-nystrom-eap-potp-06.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Jari Arkko
                          An IPv6 Prefix for Overlay Routable
              INT         Cryptographic Hash Identifiers (ORCHID)
                          (Experimental) - 4 of 5
                          draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-05.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Jari Arkko
              SEC         OMA BCAST MIKEY General Extension Payload
                          Specification (Informational) - 5 of 5
                          draft-dondeti-msec-mikey-genext-oma-02.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                   Token: Russ Housley

           3.2.2 Returning Item
                 NONE

      3.3 Individual Submissions Via RFC Editor

          The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
          found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2)
          The
          IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
          <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
          that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
          not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
          document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
          IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval.

          Other matters may be recorded in comments to be passed on
          to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

                3.3.1 New Item
                      NONE
                3.3.2 Returning Item
                      NONE

4. Working Group Actions

          4.1 WG Creation

                    4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE
          4.2 WG Rechartering

                   4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                            Area  Date
                            INT  Sep 7  Mobility for IPv6 (mip6) - 1 of
                                        1
                                 Token: Jari

                    4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

6.1 Review EDU charter (Brian Carpenter)

7. Working Group News