Subject: Re: [OSPF] Re: [Fwd: [mpls] WG Last Call on draft-ietf-mpls-number-0-bw-te-lsps-02.txt]

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 20:48:08 -0500

In message <[email-masked]>
JP Vasseur writes:
>  
> Other attributes such as affinity should be used to not allows 0-bw  
> TE LSP to traverse a specific link. This TLV is only used to report  
> the number of such TE LSPs traversing the link.
>  
> Thanks.
>  
> JP.

The provider already has the necessary tools that can be used to
accomplish this.  If a general purpose tool (attributes and
affinities) is available which accomplishes something a special
purpose tool to accomplish the same thing is not needed.

Such a tool would only be useful if the administration of the MPLS
midpoint (where the attribute is set) had no control over the
administration of the MPLS ingress or a border that is doing route
computation (where the affinity is set).  I don't see any anticipated
real world deployment that would benefit from this.  If you do, then
please explain the deployment scenario.

Curtis