Subject: IESG agenda for 2007-11-29 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 04:00:05 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2007-11-29).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions

          2.1.1 New Item

             Area  Date

             TSV         Session Traversal Utilities for (NAT) (STUN)
                         (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 9
                         draft-ietf-behave-rfc3489bis-13.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Magnus Westerlund
             RAI         Revised Civic Location Format for PIDF-LO
                         (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 9
                         draft-ietf-geopriv-revised-civic-lo-06.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                         Note: Robert is proto shepherd
                  Token: Cullen Jennings
                         Low Density Parity Check (LDPC) Staircase and
             TSV         Triangle Forward Error Correction (FEC)
                         Schemes (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 9
                         draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-ldpc-07.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Magnus Westerlund
             TSV         Reed-Solomon Forward Error Correction (FEC)
                         Schemes (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 9
                         draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-rs-05.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Magnus Westerlund
                         Using the Boneh-Franklin and Boneh-Boyen
             SEC  Oct 15 identity-based encryption algorithms with the
                         Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) (Proposed
                         Standard) - 5 of 9
                         draft-ietf-smime-bfibecms-08.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Tim Polk
             SEC  Oct 15 Identity-based Encryption Architecture
                         (Proposed Standard) - 6 of 9
                         draft-ietf-smime-ibearch-06.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Tim Polk
             RAI         A More Loss-Tolerant RTP Payload Format for
                         MP3 Audio (Proposed Standard) - 7 of 9
                         draft-ietf-avt-rfc3119bis-05.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: Colin Perkins is the document shepherd.
                  Token: Cullen Jennings
                         Definition of Events For Channel-Oriented
             RAI         Telephony Signalling (Proposed Standard) - 8
                         of 9
                         draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833biscas-05.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: Proto shepherd is Roni Even
                  Token: Cullen Jennings
             INT         Mobile IPv4 Traversal Across IPsec-based VPN
                         Gateways (BCP) - 9 of 9
                         draft-ietf-mip4-vpn-problem-solution-03.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                         Note: Document Shepherd is Henrik Levkowetz
                  Token: Jari Arkko

          2.1.2 Returning Item

              Area  Date

              INT         Secure Connectivity and Mobility using Mobile
                          IPv4 and MOBIKE (BCP) - 1 of 1
                          draft-ietf-mip4-mobike-connectivity-03.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                          Note: Document Shepherd is
                          <[email-masked]>
                   Token: Jari Arkko

     2.2 Individual Submissions

             2.2.1 New Item

                  Area  Date

                  APP         ASCII Escaping of Unicode Characters
                              (BCP) - 1 of 1
                              draft-klensin-unicode-escapes-07.txt
                              [Open Web Ballot]
                       Token: Chris Newman

             2.2.2 Returning Item
                   NONE

3. Document Actions

     3.1 WG Submissions

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

            3.1.1 New Item

                Area  Date

                RTG         Jitter considerations in Mobile Ad Hoc
                            Networks (MANETs) (Informational) - 1 of 1
                            draft-ietf-manet-jitter-03.txt [Open Web
                            Ballot]
                     Token: Ross Callon

            3.1.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

     3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

            3.2.1 New Item

                Area  Date

                INT         Service Selection for Mobile IPv6
                            (Informational) - 1 of 2
                            draft-korhonen-mip6-service-05.txt [Open
                            Web Ballot]
                            Note: No document shepherd
                     Token: Jari Arkko
                INT         Unified L2 Abstractions for L3-Driven Fast
                            Handover (Experimental) - 2 of 2
                            draft-irtf-mobopts-l2-abstractions-04.txt
                            [Open Web Ballot]
                            Note: This is an IRTF submission
                     Token: Jari Arkko

            3.2.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

     3.3 Independent Submissions Via RFC Editor

         The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
         found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The
         IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
         <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
         that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
         not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
         document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
         IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval.

         The document shepherd must propose one of these responses in
         the Data Tracker note and supply complete text in the IESG
         Note portion of the write-up. The Area Director ballot
         positions
         indicate consensus with the response proposed by the
         document shepherd.

         Other matters may be recorded in comments, and the comments
         will
         be passed on to the RFC Editor as community review of the
         document.

          3.3.1 New Item

            Area  Date

                        Reorder Density and Reorder Buffer-occupancy
            GEN         Density - Metrics for Packet Reordering
                        Measurements (Informational) - 1 of 1
                        draft-jayasumana-reorder-density-08.txt [Open
                        Web Ballot]
                        Note: Suggest to respond to the RFC Editor with
                        RFC 3932, Section 3, Option 2: "The IESG thinks
                        that this work is related to IETF work done in
                        the IPPM WG, but this does not prevent
                        publishing."
                 Token: Lars Eggert

          3.3.2 Returning Item

             Area  Date

             TSV         Metrics for the Evaluation of Congestion
                         Control Mechanisms (Informational) - 1 of 1
                         draft-irtf-tmrg-metrics-11.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: To be published according to
                         draft-irtf-rfcs-01.txt Based on the Working
                         Group Summary, I believe that the
                         second variant suggested in Appendix A of
                         draft-irtf-rfcs-0
                         is appropriate for this document: "This
                         document in not an IETF Internet Standard.  It
                         represents
                         the individual opinion(s) of one or more
                         members of the TMRG
                         Research Group of the Internet Research Task
                         Force. It may be
                         considered for standardization by the IETF or
                         adoption as a
                         IRTF Research Group consensus document in the
                         future."
                  Token: Lars Eggert

4. Working Group Actions

          4.1 WG Creation

                    4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE
          4.2 WG Rechartering

                    4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

6.1 Approval of IESG Policy on Autoresponse Messages Sent to IETF
Mailing Lists (Chris Newman)

7. Working Group News