Subject: IESG agenda for 2007-11-15 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 04:01:16 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2007-11-15).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions

          2.1.1 New Item

             Area  Date

             RAI         A Framework for Centralized Conferencing
                         (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 6
                         draft-ietf-xcon-framework-10.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: Adam Roach is proto shepherd
                  Token: Cullen Jennings
                         Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) User Agent
             RAI         Capability Extension to Presence Information
                         Data Format (PIDF) (Proposed Standard) - 2 of
                         6
                         draft-ietf-simple-prescaps-ext-08.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                  Token: Jon Peterson
             TSV         NAT Behavioral Requirements for ICMP protocol
                         (BCP) - 3 of 6
                         draft-ietf-behave-nat-icmp-06.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Magnus Westerlund
             TSV         Explicit Congestion Marking in MPLS (Proposed
                         Standard) - 4 of 6
                         draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-mpls-02.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: Lars Eggert ([email-masked]) is
                         document shepherd.
                  Token: Lars Eggert
             RAI         TEI Query Request Number Change (Proposed
                         Standard) - 5 of 6
                         draft-ietf-sigtran-rfc4233update-02.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                  Token: Jon Peterson
             INT         Distributing a Symmetric FMIPv6 Handover Key
                         using SEND (Proposed Standard) - 6 of 6
                         draft-ietf-mipshop-handover-key-03.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                         Note: Document Shepherd is Vijay Devarapalli
                  Token: Jari Arkko

          2.1.2 Returning Item

             Area  Date

             INT         Transmission of IPv6 via the IPv6 CS over IEEE
                         802.16 Networks (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 1
                         draft-ietf-16ng-ipv6-over-ipv6cs-10.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                         Note: Bringing back to the agenda now that a
                         new version exists.
                  Token: Jari Arkko

     2.2 Individual Submissions

           2.2.1 New Item

             Area  Date

                         The Presence-Specific Static Dictionary for
             GEN         Signaling Compression (Sigcomp) (Proposed
                         Standard) - 1 of 1
                         draft-garcia-simple-presence-dictionary-06.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Jon Peterson

           2.2.2 Returning Item
                 NONE

3. Document Actions

     3.1 WG Submissions

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

       3.1.1 New Item

         Area  Date

         TSV         NFS RDMA Problem Statement (Informational) - 1 of
                     5
                     draft-ietf-nfsv4-nfs-rdma-problem-statement-07.txt
                     [Open Web Ballot]
                     Note: Document Shepherd: Spencer Shepler
                     ([email-masked])
              Token: Lars Eggert
                     Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Torture Test
         RAI         Messages for Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6)
                     (Informational) - 2 of 5
                     draft-ietf-sipping-ipv6-torture-tests-04.txt [Open
                     Web Ballot]
              Token: Jon Peterson
         INT         Network Discovery and Selection Problem
                     (Informational) - 3 of 5
                     draft-ietf-eap-netsel-problem-08.txt [Open Web
                     Ballot]
              Token: Mark Townsley
                     State of Peer-to-Peer(P2P) Communication Across
         TSV         Network Address Translators(NATs) (Informational)
                     - 4 of 5
                     draft-ietf-behave-p2p-state-05.txt [Open Web
                     Ballot]
              Token: Magnus Westerlund
         SEC         CMS Advanced Electronic Signatures (CAdES)
                     (Informational) - 5 of 5
                     draft-ietf-smime-cades-06.txt [Open Web Ballot]
              Token: Tim Polk

       3.1.2 Returning Item
             NONE

     3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.2.1 New Item

              Area  Date

              SEC         Additional Diffie-Hellman Groups for use with
                          IETF Standards (Informational) - 1 of 1
                          draft-lepinski-dh-groups-03.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Tim Polk

          3.2.2 Returning Item

             Area  Date

                         A Uniform Resource Name Namespace For The
             APP  Dec 1  EPCglobal Electronic Product Code (EPC) and
                         Related Standards (Informational) - 1 of 1
                         draft-mealling-epc-urn-02.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Lisa Dusseault

     3.3 Independent Submissions Via RFC Editor

         The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
         found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The
         IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
         <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
         that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
         not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
         document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
         IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval.

         The document shepherd must propose one of these responses in
         the the Data Tracker note and supply complete text in the IESG
         Note portion of the write-up. The Area Director ballot
         positions
         indicate consensus with the response proposed by the
         document shepherd.

         Other matters may be recorded in comments, and the comments
         will
         be passed on to the RFC Editor as community review of the
         document.

           3.3.1 New Item

              Area  Date

              TSV         Metrics for the Evaluation of Congestion
                          Control Mechanisms (Informational) - 1 of 1
                          draft-irtf-tmrg-metrics-11.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                          Note: To be published according to
                          draft-irtf-rfcs-01.txt Based on the Working
                          Group Summary, I believe that the
                          second variant suggested in Appendix A of
                          draft-irtf-rfcs-0
                          is appropriate for this document: "This
                          document in not an IETF Internet Standard.
                          It represents
                          the individual opinion(s) of one or more
                          members of the TMRG
                          Research Group of the Internet Research Task
                          Force. It may be
                          considered for standardization by the IETF or
                          adoption as a
                          IRTF Research Group consensus document in the
                          future."
                   Token: Lars Eggert

           3.3.2 Returning Item
                 NONE

4. Working Group Actions

          4.1 WG Creation

                    4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE
         4.2 WG Rechartering

                   4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                                       NONE
                 4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                         Area  Date
                         OPS  Oct 17 IP Flow Information Export (ipfix)
                                     - 1 of 2
                              Token: Dan
                         OPS  Oct 16 Network Configuration (netconf) -
                                     2 of 2
                              Token: Dan

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

6.1 Expert for RFC 3340 APEX Parameters [IANA #121073] (Michelle
Cotton)
6.2 New IANA expert for AVP Codes (RFC 3588) (Dan Romascanu)
6.3 CARP protocol number allocation situation (Jari Arkko)
6.4 Review of Atom Link Relation request [IANA #123284] (Michelle
Cotton)
6.5 Approval of IESG Policy on Autoresponse Messages Sent to IETF
Mailing Lists (Chris Newman)

7. Working Group News