Subject: IESG agenda for 2008-01-10 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 04:00:04 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2008-01-10).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

      2.1 WG Submissions

           2.1.1 New Item

              Area  Date

                          Sampling and Filtering Techniques for IP
              OPS         Packet Selection (Proposed Standard) - 1 of
                          10
                          draft-ietf-psamp-sample-tech-10.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Dan Romascanu
                          A Telephone Number Mapping (ENUM) Service
              RAI         Registration for Internet Calendaring
                          Services (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 10
                          draft-ietf-enum-calendar-service-03.txt [Open
                          Web Ballot]
                   Token: Jon Peterson
                          Failure Detection and Locator Pair
              INT         Exploration Protocol for IPv6 Multihoming
                          (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 10
                          draft-ietf-shim6-failure-detection-09.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                          Note: Please also read
                          draft-ietf-shim6-applicability
                          Mark is handling this for Jari as he is an
                          author
                   Token: Mark Townsley
              INT         Shim6: Level 3 Multihoming Shim Protocol for
                          IPv6 (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 10
                          draft-ietf-shim6-proto-09.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                          Note: Please also read
                          draft-ietf-shim6-applicability
                          Document Shepherd is Geoff Huston
                          <[email-masked]>
                   Token: Jari Arkko
              APP         Sieve Email Filtering: Body Extension
                          (Proposed Standard) - 5 of 10
                          draft-ietf-sieve-body-07.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Lisa Dusseault
                          Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure
              SEC         Certificate and Certificate Revocation List
                          (CRL) Profile (Proposed Standard) - 6 of 10
                          draft-ietf-pkix-rfc3280bis-10.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Sam Hartman
              OPS         Packet Sampling (PSAMP) Protocol
                          Specifications (Proposed Standard) - 7 of 10
                          draft-ietf-psamp-protocol-09.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                   Token: Dan Romascanu
              SEC         The EAP TLS Authentication Protocol (Proposed
                          Standard) - 8 of 10
                          draft-simon-emu-rfc2716bis-12.txt [Open Web
                          Ballot]
                          Note: Joe Salowey  is the proto shepherd
                   Token: Sam Hartman
                          Multicast Extensions to the Security
              SEC         Architecture for the Internet Protocol
                          (Proposed Standard) - 9 of 10
                          draft-ietf-msec-ipsec-extensions-07.txt [Open
                          Web Ballot]
                          Note: Lakshminath Dondeti is the proto
                          shepherd.
                   Token: Tim Polk
                          A Framework for Consent-based Communications
              RAI         in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
                          (Proposed Standard) - 10 of 10
                          draft-ietf-sip-consent-framework-03.txt [Open
                          Web Ballot]
                          Note: Keith Drage is the document shepherd
                   Token: Cullen Jennings

           2.1.2 Returning Item
                 NONE

      2.2 Individual Submissions

             2.2.1 New Item

                 Area  Date

                 INT         IANA Allocation Guidelines for the
                             Protocol Field (BCP) - 1 of 1
                             draft-arkko-rfc2780-proto-update-01.txt
                             [Open Web Ballot]
                      Token: Russ Housley

             2.2.2 Returning Item
                   NONE

3. Document Actions

    3.1 WG Submissions

        Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
        reasonable
        contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
        covers? If
        not, what changes would make it so?"

      3.1.1 New Item

        Area  Date

        SEC         Problem and Applicability Statement for Better Than
                    Nothing Security (BTNS) (Informational) - 1 of 5
                    draft-ietf-btns-prob-and-applic-06.txt [Open Web
                    Ballot]
             Token: Sam Hartman
        OPS         IPv6 Deployment Scenarios in 802.16 Networks
                    (Informational) - 2 of 5
                    draft-ietf-v6ops-802-16-deployment-scenarios-06.txt
                    [Open Web Ballot]
             Token: Ron Bonica
        OPS         IPv6 Benchmarking Methodology for Network
                    Interconnect Devices (Informational) - 3 of 5
                    draft-ietf-bmwg-ipv6-meth-04.txt [Open Web Ballot]
             Token: Ron Bonica
        OPS         Special-Use IPv6 Addresses (Informational) - 4 of 5
                    draft-ietf-v6ops-rfc3330-for-ipv6-03.txt [Open Web
                    Ballot]
             Token: Ron Bonica
        SEC         Network Endpoint Assessment (NEA): Overview and
                    Requirements (Informational) - 5 of 5
                    draft-ietf-nea-requirements-05.txt [Open Web
                    Ballot]
             Token: Tim Polk

      3.1.2 Returning Item
            NONE

    3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

        Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
        reasonable
        contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
        covers? If
        not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.2.1 New Item

             Area  Date

                         A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for
             GEN         the Digital Video Broadcasting Project (DVB)
                         (Informational) - 1 of 1
                         draft-adolf-dvb-urn-03.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Lisa Dusseault

          3.2.2 Returning Item
                NONE

    3.3 Independent Submissions Via RFC Editor

        The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
        found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The
        IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
        <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
        that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
        not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
        document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
        therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
        approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
        IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
        therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
        approval.

        The document shepherd must propose one of these responses in
        the Data Tracker note and supply complete text in the IESG
        Note portion of the write-up. The Area Director ballot
        positions
        indicate consensus with the response proposed by the
        document shepherd.

        Other matters may be recorded in comments, and the comments
        will
        be passed on to the RFC Editor as community review of the
        document.

              3.3.1 New Item
                    NONE
              3.3.2 Returning Item
                    NONE

4. Working Group Actions

        4.1 WG Creation

               4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                      Area  Date
                      APP  Dec 26 vCard and CardDAV (vcarddav) - 1 of 3
                           Token: Chris
                      RTG  Dec 20 Routing Over Low power and Lossy
                                  networks (roll) - 2 of 3
                           Token: David
                      INT  Dec 28 Cga & Send maIntenance (csi) - 3 of 3
                           Token: Jari

                  4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                                      NONE
          4.2 WG Rechartering

                    4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

6.1 Approval of the IESG Policy on Autoresponse Messages Sent to IETF
Mailing Lists (Chris Newman)

7. Working Group News