Subject: IESG agenda for 2008-01-24 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 04:00:05 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2008-01-24).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

      2.1 WG Submissions

            2.1.1 New Item

               Area  Date

                           Better-Than-Nothing-Security: An
               SEC         Unauthenticated Mode of IPsec (Proposed
                           Standard) - 1 of 4
                           draft-ietf-btns-core-06.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                           Note: The proto shepherd is Julien Laganier
                    Token: Sam Hartman
               SEC         The EAP TLS Authentication Protocol
                           (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 4
                           draft-simon-emu-rfc2716bis-13.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                           Note: Joe Salowey  is the proto shepherd
                    Token: Sam Hartman
               RTG         Generalized MANET Packet/Message Format
                           (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 4
                           draft-ietf-manet-packetbb-11.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Ross Callon
               RTG         Representing multi-value time in MANETs
                           (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 4
                           draft-ietf-manet-timetlv-04.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Ross Callon

            2.1.2 Returning Item

               Area  Date

                           Failure Detection and Locator Pair
               INT         Exploration Protocol for IPv6 Multihoming
                           (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 2
                           draft-ietf-shim6-failure-detection-09.txt
                           [Open Web Ballot]
                           Note: Please also read
                           draft-ietf-shim6-applicability
                           Mark is handling this for Jari as he is an
                           author
                    Token: Mark Townsley
               INT         Shim6: Level 3 Multihoming Shim Protocol for
                           IPv6 (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 2
                           draft-ietf-shim6-proto-09.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                           Note: Please also read
                           draft-ietf-shim6-applicability
                           Document Shepherd is Geoff Huston
                           <[email-masked]>
                    Token: Jari Arkko

      2.2 Individual Submissions

              2.2.1 New Item

                   Area  Date

                   APP         The IMAP ENABLE Extension (Proposed
                               Standard) - 1 of 1
                               draft-gulbrandsen-imap-enable-05.txt
                               [Open Web Ballot]
                               Note: Alexey Melnikov is the document
                               shepherd
                        Token: Chris Newman

              2.2.2 Returning Item
                    NONE

3. Document Actions

    3.1 WG Submissions

        Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
        reasonable
        contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
        covers? If
        not, what changes would make it so?"

      3.1.1 New Item

        Area  Date

        OPS         IPv6 Deployment Scenarios in 802.16 Networks
                    (Informational) - 1 of 1
                    draft-ietf-v6ops-802-16-deployment-scenarios-06.txt
                    [Open Web Ballot]
             Token: Ron Bonica

      3.1.2 Returning Item
            NONE

    3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

        Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
        reasonable
        contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
        covers? If
        not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.2.1 New Item

             Area  Date

                         A Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace for
             APP         the European Broadcasting Union (EBU)
                         (Informational) - 1 of 2
                         draft-evain-ebu-urn-02.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Lisa Dusseault
                         Session Description Protocol (SDP) Attributes
             RAI         for OMA BCAST Service and Content Protection
                         (Informational) - 2 of 2
                         draft-dondeti-oma-mmusic-sdp-attrs-00.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Cullen Jennings

          3.2.2 Returning Item
                NONE

    3.3 Independent Submissions Via RFC Editor

        The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
        found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The
        IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
        <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
        that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
        not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
        document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
        therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
        approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
        IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
        therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
        approval.

        The document shepherd must propose one of these responses in
        the Data Tracker note and supply complete text in the IESG
        Note portion of the write-up. The Area Director ballot
        positions
        indicate consensus with the response proposed by the
        document shepherd.

        Other matters may be recorded in comments, and the comments
        will
        be passed on to the RFC Editor as community review of the
        document.

          3.3.1 New Item

             Area  Date

                         Considerations of provider-to-provider
             GEN         agreements for Internet-scale QoS
                         (Informational) - 1 of 1
                         draft-levis-provider-qos-agreement-04.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Magnus Westerlund

          3.3.2 Returning Item
                NONE

4. Working Group Actions

        4.1 WG Creation

                  4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                      NONE
               4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                      Area  Date
                      APP  Dec 26 vCard and CardDAV (vcarddav) - 1 of 2
                           Token: Chris
                      RTG  Dec 20 Routing Over Low power and Lossy
                                  networks (roll) - 2 of 2
                           Token: David

          4.2 WG Rechartering

                    4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

6.1 Appeal (Russ Housley)
6.2 RFC Errata (Russ Housley)
6.3 Guidance to WG Chairs regarding off-topic mail list posting (Russ
Housley)
6.4 Executive Session for IAOC Candidate Selection (Russ Housley)

7. Working Group News