Subject: IESG agenda for 2008-03-27 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 04:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2008-03-27).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions

        2.1.1 New Item

          Area  Date

          INT         Mobile IPv6 Fast Handovers (Proposed Standard) -
                      1 of 4
                      draft-ietf-mipshop-fmipv6-rfc4068bis-06.txt [Open
                      Web Ballot]
                      Note: Document Shepherd is Vijay Devarapalli
               Token: Jari Arkko
          INT         Proxy Mobile IPv6 (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 4
                      draft-ietf-netlmm-proxymip6-11.txt [Open Web
                      Ballot]
                      Note: Document Shepherd is Jonne Soininen
               Token: Jari Arkko
          OPS         NETCONF Event Notifications (Proposed Standard) -
                      3 of 4
                      draft-ietf-netconf-notification-12.txt [Open Web
                      Ballot]
               Token: Dan Romascanu
                      RObust Header Compression Version 2 (ROHCv2):
          TSV         Profiles for RTP, UDP, IP, ESP and UDP Lite
                      (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 4
                      draft-ietf-rohc-rfc3095bis-rohcv2-profiles-06.txt
                      [Open Web Ballot]
               Token: Magnus Westerlund

        2.1.2 Returning Item

            Area  Date

            APP         INTERNET MESSAGE ACCESS PROTOCOL - SORT AND
                        THREAD EXTENSIONS (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 3
                        draft-ietf-imapext-sort-20.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                 Token: Lisa Dusseault
            TSV         GIST: General Internet Signalling Transport
                        (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 3
                        draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp-15.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                        Note: WG Shepherd: John Loughney
                        ([email-masked])
                        Abstainers please re-review your motivations in
                        regards to the updated version.
                 Token: Magnus Westerlund
            INT         DHCP Options for Home Information Discovery in
                        MIPv6 (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 3
                        draft-ietf-mip6-hiopt-11.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                        Note: Document Shepherd is Basavaraj Patil
                 Token: Jari Arkko

     2.2 Individual Submissions

       2.2.1 New Item

            Area  Date

            GEN         The 'news' and 'nntp' URI Schemes (Proposed
                        Standard) - 1 of 1
                        draft-ellermann-news-nntp-uri-10.txt [Open Web
                        Ballot]
                 Token: Lisa Dusseault

       2.2.2 Returning Item

         Area  Date

         GEN         Guidelines for Writing an IANA Considerations
                     Section in RFCs (BCP) - 1 of 1
                     draft-narten-iana-considerations-rfc2434bis-08.txt
                     [Open Web Ballot]
              Token: Russ Housley

3. Document Actions

      3.1 WG Submissions

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

         3.1.1 New Item

           Area  Date

           INT         Mobile IPv6 Fast Handovers for 3G CDMA Networks
                       (Informational) - 1 of 4
                       draft-ietf-mipshop-3gfh-05.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                       Note: Document Shepherd is Vijay Devarapalli
                Token: Jari Arkko
                       Evaluation of existing GMPLS Protocols against
           RTG         Multi Layer and Multi Region Networks (MLN/MRN)
                       (Informational) - 2 of 4
                       draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-eval-05.txt [Open Web
                       Ballot]
                Token: Ross Callon
                       Requirements for GMPLS-Based Multi-Region and
           RTG         Multi-Layer Networks (MRN/MLN) (Informational) -
                       3 of 4
                       draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-reqs-08.txt [Open Web
                       Ballot]
                Token: Ross Callon
                       Applicability Statement for Layer 1 Virtual
           RTG         Private Networks (L1VPNs) Basic Mode
                       (Informational) - 4 of 4
                       draft-ietf-l1vpn-applicability-basic-mode-04.txt
                Token: David Ward

         3.1.2 Returning Item
               NONE

      3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

                3.2.1 New Item
                      NONE
                3.2.2 Returning Item
                      NONE

      3.3 Independent Submissions Via RFC Editor

          The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
          found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2)
          The
          IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
          <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
          that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
          not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
          document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
          IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval.

          The document shepherd must propose one of these responses in
          the Data Tracker note and supply complete text in the IESG
          Note portion of the write-up. The Area Director ballot
          positions
          indicate consensus with the response proposed by the
          document shepherd.

          Other matters may be recorded in comments, and the comments
          will
          be passed on to the RFC Editor as community review of the
          document.

                3.3.1 New Item
                      NONE
                3.3.2 Returning Item
                      NONE

4. Working Group Actions

        4.1 WG Creation

                  4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                      NONE
                4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                        Area  Date
                        APP  Feb 7  Internationalized Domain Name (idn)
                                    - 1 of 1
                             Token: Lisa

        4.2 WG Rechartering

                4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                       Area  Date
                       RAI  Feb 14 Multiparty Multimedia Session
                                   Control (mmusic) - 1 of 1
                            Token: Cullen

                  4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                      NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

6.1 Updating media registration for audio/3gpp and video/3gpp (Magnus
Westerlund)

7. Working Group News