Subject: IESG agenda for 2008-08-28 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 04:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2008-08-28).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions

          2.1.1 New Item

             Area  Date

                         A Link-Type sub-TLV to convey the number of
             RTG         Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths
                         signalled with zero reserved bandwidth across
                         a link (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 1
                         draft-ietf-mpls-number-0-bw-te-lsps-11.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Ross Callon

          2.1.2 Returning Item
                NONE

     2.2 Individual Submissions

           2.2.1 New Item

              Area  Date

                          Extensions to the IODEF-Document Class for
              SEC         Reporting Phishing, Fraud, and Other
                          Crimeware (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 1
                          draft-cain-post-inch-phishingextns-05.txt
                          [Open Web Ballot]
                   Token: Tim Polk

           2.2.2 Returning Item
                 NONE

3. Document Actions

     3.1 WG Submissions

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

            3.1.1 New Item

                Area  Date

                INT         Why Authentication Data suboption is needed
                            for MIP6 (Informational) - 1 of 1
                            draft-ietf-mip6-whyauthdataoption-06.txt
                            [Open Web Ballot]
                            Note: No document shepherd -- old MIP6
                            document
                     Token: Jari Arkko

            3.1.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

     3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.2.1 New Item

             Area  Date

                         Dynamic Provisioning using Flexible
             GEN         Authentication via Secure Tunneling Extensible
                         Authentication Protocol (EAP-FAST)
                         (Informational) - 1 of 2
                         draft-cam-winget-eap-fast-provisioning-09.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Tim Polk
             OPS         Diameter ITU-T Rw Policy Enforcement Interface
                         Application (Informational) - 2 of 2
                         draft-sun-dime-itu-t-rw-01.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Dan Romascanu

          3.2.2 Returning Item
                NONE

     3.3 Independent Submissions Via RFC Editor

         The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
         found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The
         IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
         <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
         that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
         not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
         document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
         IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval.

         The document shepherd must propose one of these responses in
         the Data Tracker note and supply complete text in the IESG
         Note portion of the write-up. The Area Director ballot
         positions
         indicate consensus with the response proposed by the
         document shepherd.

         Other matters may be recorded in comments, and the comments
         will
         be passed on to the RFC Editor as community review of the
         document.

          3.3.1 New Item

             Area  Date

             OPS         SNMP Traffic Measurements and Trace Exchange
                         Formats (Informational) - 1 of 1
                         draft-irtf-nmrg-snmp-measure-05.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: Proposed IESG Note:

                         The IESG thinks that this work is related to
                         IETF work done in the Operations and
                         Management Area related to SNMP, but this does
                         not prevent publishing.

                         This RFC is not a candidate for any level of
                         Internet Standard.
                         The IETF disclaims any knowledge of the
                         fitness of this RFC for
                         any purpose and notes that the decision to
                         publish is not based on
                         IETF review apart from the IETF Last Call on
                         the allocation of an URI by IANA and the IESG
                         review for conflict with IETF work.
                         The RFC Editor has chosen to publish this
                         document at its
                         discretion.  See RFC 3932 for more
                         information.

                  Token: Dan Romascanu

          3.3.2 Returning Item
                NONE

4. Working Group Actions

          4.1 WG Creation

                    4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE
       4.2 WG Rechartering

             4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                   Area  Date
                   OPS  Aug 18 Operational Security Capabilities for IP
                               Network Infrastructure (opsec) - 1 of 1
                        Token: Ron

               4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                       Area  Date
                       APP  Jul 2  Sieve Mail Filtering Language
                                   (sieve) - 1 of 2
                            Token: Lisa
                       INT  Aug 14 Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks
                                   (l2vpn) - 2 of 2
                            Token: Mark

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

6.1 IESG Requirements for NomCom (UPDATED) (Russ Housley)
6.2 Friday Meetings in Minneapolis (Russ Housley)
6.3 Registration procedures for arp-parameters (hardware types) [IANA #
183428] (Michelle Cotton)
6.4 Revised guidance for interim meetings (UPDATED) (Russ Housley)
6.5 Executive Session: First draft of appeal response (Lisa Dusseault)

7. Working Group News