Subject: IESG agenda for 2008-08-14 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 04:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2008-08-14).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

      2.1 WG Submissions

         2.1.1 New Item

           Area  Date

                       Information Model and XML Data Model for
           TSV         Traceroute Measurements (Proposed Standard) - 1
                       of 6
                       draft-ietf-ippm-storetraceroutes-10.txt [Open
                       Web Ballot]
                       Note: Document sheperd is Henk Uijterwaal
                       ([email-masked])
                Token: Lars Eggert
           SEC         TLS Transport Mapping for Syslog (Proposed
                       Standard) - 2 of 6
                       draft-ietf-syslog-transport-tls-13.txt [Open Web
                       Ballot]
                Token: Pasi Eronen
                       Definitions of Textual Conventions for
           INT         Pseudowires (PW) Management (Proposed Standard)
                       - 3 of 6
                       draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-tc-mib-14.txt [Open Web
                       Ballot]
                Token: Mark Townsley
           TSV         Guidelines for Application Designers on Using
                       Unicast UDP (BCP) - 4 of 6
                       draft-ietf-tsvwg-udp-guidelines-09.txt
                Token: Magnus Westerlund
                       Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
           OPS         Context EngineID Discovery (Proposed Standard) -
                       5 of 6
                       draft-ietf-opsawg-snmp-engineid-discovery-03.txt
                       [Open Web Ballot]
                Token: Dan Romascanu
           APP         Internet Message Store Events (Proposed
                       Standard) - 6 of 6
                       draft-ietf-lemonade-msgevent-06.txt [Open Web
                       Ballot]
                Token: Lisa Dusseault

         2.1.2 Returning Item

             Area  Date

             TSV         A Two-way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP)
                         (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 1
                         draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-09.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                         Note: Document Shepherd: Henk Uijterwaal
                         ([email-masked])
                  Token: Lars Eggert

      2.2 Individual Submissions

            2.2.1 New Item

               Area  Date

                           IANA Considerations for the IPv4 and IPv6
               INT         Router Alert Option (Proposed Standard) - 1
                           of 2
                           draft-manner-router-alert-iana-03.txt [Open
                           Web Ballot]
                    Token: Jari Arkko
                           Extensions to the IODEF-Document Class for
               SEC         Reporting Phishing, Fraud, and Other
                           Crimeware (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 2
                           draft-cain-post-inch-phishingextns-05.txt
                           [Open Web Ballot]
                    Token: Tim Polk

            2.2.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

3. Document Actions

     3.1 WG Submissions

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

               3.1.1 New Item
                     NONE
               3.1.2 Returning Item
                     NONE

     3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

         Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
         reasonable
         contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
         covers? If
         not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.2.1 New Item

             Area  Date

                         Basic Password Exchange within the Flexible
             GEN         Authentication via Secure Tunneling Extensible
                         Authentication Protocol (EAP-FAST)
                         (Informational) - 1 of 3
                         draft-zhou-emu-fast-gtc-04.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Tim Polk
                         Dynamic Provisioning using Flexible
             GEN         Authentication via Secure Tunneling Extensible
                         Authentication Protocol (EAP-FAST)
                         (Informational) - 2 of 3
                         draft-cam-winget-eap-fast-provisioning-09.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Tim Polk
             RAI         Media Gateway Control Protocol Fax Package
                         (Informational) - 3 of 3
                         draft-andreasen-mgcp-fax-08.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Cullen Jennings

          3.2.2 Returning Item
                NONE

     3.3 Independent Submissions Via RFC Editor

         The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
         found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The
         IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
         <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
         that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
         not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
         document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
         IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
         therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
         approval.

         The document shepherd must propose one of these responses in
         the Data Tracker note and supply complete text in the IESG
         Note portion of the write-up. The Area Director ballot
         positions
         indicate consensus with the response proposed by the
         document shepherd.

         Other matters may be recorded in comments, and the comments
         will
         be passed on to the RFC Editor as community review of the
         document.

               3.3.1 New Item
                     NONE
               3.3.2 Returning Item
                     NONE

4. Working Group Actions

          4.1 WG Creation

                    4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE
        4.2 WG Rechartering

                4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                        Area  Date
                        INT  Aug 5  Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks
                                    (l2vpn) - 1 of 1
                             Token: Mark

                  4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                      NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

6.1 No New Ballot Sets (Pasi Eronen)
6.2 Printer designated experts (Chris Newman)
6.3 Updating the RFC Editor index? (Sandy Ginoza)
6.4 Designated expert for ethernet-numbers [IANA #182998] (Michelle
Cotton)
6.5 IESG Requirements for NomCom (Russ Housley)
6.6 Friday Meetings in Minneapolis (Russ Housley)
6.7 Modification to a SASL Mechanism [IANA #178703] (Michelle Cotton)
6.8 Register IMAP Child Mailbox Extension [IANA #111861] (Chris Newman)

7. Working Group News