Subject: IESG agenda for 2008-11-06 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 04:01:16 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2008-11-06).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions

          2.1.1 New Item

             Area  Date

             RAI         Session Initiation Protocol Call Control -
                         Transfer (BCP) - 1 of 10
                         draft-ietf-sipping-cc-transfer-11.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                  Token: Jon Peterson
             SEC         EAP Generalized Pre-Shared Key (EAP-GPSK)
                         Method (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 10
                         draft-ietf-emu-eap-gpsk-16.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: document shepherd: Joe Salowey
                         <[email-masked]>
                  Token: Pasi Eronen
                         The use of the SIPS URI Scheme in the Session
             RAI         Initiation Protocol (SIP) (Proposed Standard)
                         - 3 of 10
                         draft-ietf-sip-sips-08.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                         Note: The proto Shepherd for this document is
                         Dean Willis.
                  Token: Cullen Jennings
             OPS         Information Model for Packet Sampling Exports
                         (Proposed Standard) - 4 of 10
                         draft-ietf-psamp-info-11.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                         Note: Juergen Quittek is the PROTO shepherd
                  Token: Dan Romascanu
                         Quality of Service (QoS) Mechanism Selection
             RAI         in the Session Description Protocol (SDP)
                         (Proposed Standard) - 5 of 10
                         draft-ietf-mmusic-qos-identification-02.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                         Note: Jean-Francois Mule is Proto Shepherd.
                  Token: Cullen Jennings
             RAI         G.729.1 RTP Payload Format update: DTX support
                         (Proposed Standard) - 6 of 10
                         draft-ietf-avt-rfc4749-dtx-update-02.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                         Note: Jean-Francois Mule is the PROTO
                         Shepherd.
                  Token: Cullen Jennings
                         Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS)
             RAI         Extension to Establish Keys for Secure
                         Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) (Proposed
                         Standard) - 7 of 10
                         draft-ietf-avt-dtls-srtp-06.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: The document shepherd is Roni Even.
                  Token: Cullen Jennings
                         Network Address Translation (NAT) Behavioral
             TSV         Requirements for the Datagram Congestion
                         Control Protocol (BCP) - 8 of 10
                         draft-ietf-behave-dccp-04.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Magnus Westerlund
                         Framework for Establishing an SRTP Security
             RAI         Context using DTLS (Proposed Standard) - 9 of
                         10
                         draft-ietf-sip-dtls-srtp-framework-05.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                         Note: Dean Willis will act as the proto
                         shepherd.
                  Token: Cullen Jennings
                         Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol Version 3
             RTG         for IPv4 and IPv6 (Proposed Standard) - 10 of
                         10
                         draft-ietf-vrrp-unified-spec-02.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: David Ward

          2.1.2 Returning Item
                NONE

     2.2 Individual Submissions

            2.2.1 New Item

                Area  Date

                SEC         Modes of Operation for Camellia for Use
                            With IPsec (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 1
                            draft-kato-ipsec-camellia-modes-09.txt
                            [Open Web Ballot]
                            Note: document shepherd is Kato Akihiro
                            <[email-masked]>
                     Token: Tim Polk

            2.2.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

3. Document Actions

    3.1 WG Submissions

        Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
        reasonable
        contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
        covers? If
        not, what changes would make it so?"

       3.1.1 New Item

         Area  Date

         RAI         Combined User and Infrastructure ENUM in the
                     e164.arpa tree (Informational) - 1 of 5
                     draft-ietf-enum-combined-08.txt [Open Web Ballot]
              Token: Jon Peterson
                     The E.164 to Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI)
         RAI         Dynamic Delegation Discovery System (DDDS)
                     Application for Infrastructure ENUM
                     (Informational) - 2 of 5
                     draft-ietf-enum-infrastructure-07.txt [Open Web
                     Ballot]
              Token: Jon Peterson
         RAI         Requirements and Analysis of Media Security
                     Management Protocols (Informational) - 3 of 5
                     draft-ietf-sip-media-security-requirements-08.txt
                     [Open Web Ballot]
                     Note: The Proto Shepherd is SIP WG chair Dean
                     Willis
              Token: Cullen Jennings
         TSV         Test vectors for STUN (Informational) - 4 of 5
                     draft-ietf-behave-stun-test-vectors-03.txt [Open
                     Web Ballot]
              Token: Magnus Westerlund
         RTG         AS Number Reservation for Documentation Use
                     (Informational) - 5 of 5
                     draft-ietf-idr-as-documentation-reservation-00.txt
                     [Open Web Ballot]
              Token: David Ward

       3.1.2 Returning Item

          Area  Date

                      Using the Boneh-Franklin and Boneh-Boyen
          SEC  Oct 15 identity-based Encryption Algorithms with the
                      Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
                      (Informational) - 1 of 2
                      draft-ietf-smime-bfibecms-10.txt [Open Web
                      Ballot]
               Token: Tim Polk
                      Identity-based Encryption Architecture and
          SEC  Oct 15 Supporting Data Structures (Informational) - 2 of
                      2
                      draft-ietf-smime-ibearch-09.txt [Open Web Ballot]
               Token: Tim Polk

    3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

        Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
        reasonable
        contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
        covers? If
        not, what changes would make it so?"

          3.2.1 New Item

             Area  Date

             GEN         Considerations for Having a Successful BOF
                         (Informational) - 1 of 3
                         draft-narten-successful-bof-03.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Russ Housley
                         Camellia Counter mode and Camellia Counter
             SEC         with CBC Mac mode algorithms (Informational) -
                         2 of 3
                         draft-kato-camellia-ctrccm-04.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                         Note: document shepherd is Kato Akihiro
                         <[email-masked]>
                  Token: Tim Polk
             GEN         Suite B Profile for Transport Layer Security
                         (TLS) (Informational) - 3 of 3
                         draft-rescorla-tls-suiteb-10.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Tim Polk

          3.2.2 Returning Item
                NONE

    3.3 Independent Submissions Via RFC Editor

        The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
        found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The
        IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
        <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
        that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
        not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
        document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
        therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
        approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
        IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
        therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
        approval.

        The document shepherd must propose one of these responses in
        the Data Tracker note and supply complete text in the IESG
        Note portion of the write-up. The Area Director ballot
        positions
        indicate consensus with the response proposed by the
        document shepherd.

        Other matters may be recorded in comments, and the comments
        will
        be passed on to the RFC Editor as community review of the
        document.

        3.3.1 New Item

          Area  Date

          TSV         Congestion Control in the RFC Series
                      (Informational) - 1 of 1
                      draft-irtf-iccrg-cc-rfcs-07.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                      Note: Proposed response: "1. The IESG has not
                      found any conflict between this document and IETF
                      work." This document is an IRTF document. The
                      IRSG is asking the IESG to perform a RFC3932bis
                      review of draft-irtf-iccrg-cc-rfcs-06 [1] to be
                      published an an Informational IRTF RFC. The
                      document has been approved for publication by the
                      IRSG.
               Token: Lars Eggert

        3.3.2 Returning Item
              NONE

4. Working Group Actions

        4.1 WG Creation

                  4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                      NONE
                4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                       Area  Date
                       APP  Sep 18 Application-Layer Traffic
                                   Optimization (alto) - 1 of 2
                            Token: Lisa
                       TSV  Oct 30 Low Extra Delay Background Transport
                                   (ledbat) - 2 of 2
                            Token: Lars

      4.2 WG Rechartering

                4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                                    NONE
            4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                  Area  Date
                  TSV  Oct 15 Behavior Engineering for Hindrance
                              Avoidance (behave) - 1 of 2
                       Token: Magnus
                              Mobility for IP: Performance, Signaling
                  INT  Oct 16 and Handoff Optimization (mipshop) - 2 of
                              2
                       Token: Jari

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

6.1 Message to IANA regarding address range reservation for IETF
protocols (Russ Housley)
6.2 Large Interim Meeting Agenda (Russ Housley)

7. Working Group News