Subject: IESG agenda for 2008-12-04 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 04:00:01 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2008-12-04).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

     2.1 WG Submissions

          2.1.1 New Item

             Area  Date

             TSV         NFS Version 4 Minor Version 1 (Proposed
                         Standard) - 1 of 11
                         draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion1-26.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                         Note: Brian Pawslowski ([email-masked]) is
                         the document shepherd.
                  Token: Lars Eggert
             TSV         pNFS Block/Volume Layout (Proposed Standard) -
                         2 of 11
                         draft-ietf-nfsv4-pnfs-block-10.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Lars Eggert
             TSV         Object-based pNFS Operations (Proposed
                         Standard) - 3 of 11
                         draft-ietf-nfsv4-pnfs-obj-09.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Lars Eggert
             APP         Sieve Notification Mechanism: mailto (Proposed
                         Standard) - 4 of 11
                         draft-ietf-sieve-notify-mailto-09.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                         Note: Barry Leiba to be the expert reviewer
                         for the registry this creates.
                  Token: Lisa Dusseault
             INT         Dual Stack Mobile IPv4 (Proposed Standard) - 5
                         of 11
                         draft-ietf-mip4-dsmipv4-08.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Jari Arkko
             APP         Extended URLFETCH for binary and converted
                         parts (Proposed Standard) - 6 of 11
                         draft-cridland-urlfetch-binary-03.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                         Note: Eric Burger is document shepherd.  Note
                         this is a lemonade WG document despite the
                         name.
                  Token: Chris Newman
             APP         The IMAP NOTIFY Extension (Proposed Standard)
                         - 7 of 11
                         draft-ietf-lemonade-imap-notify-07.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                         Note: Eric Burger is document shepherd
                  Token: Chris Newman
             INT         Measures for making DNS more resilient against
                         forged answers (Proposed Standard) - 8 of 11
                         draft-ietf-dnsext-forgery-resilience-09.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Mark Townsley
             INT         Multiple Care-of Addresses Registration
                         (Proposed Standard) - 9 of 11
                         draft-ietf-monami6-multiplecoa-10.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                  Token: Jari Arkko
             TSV         NFSv4 Minor Version 1 XDR Description
                         (Proposed Standard) - 10 of 11
                         draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion1-dot-x-09.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                         Note: Brian Pawslowski ([email-masked]) is
                         the document shepherd.
                  Token: Lars Eggert
             INT         Reserved IPv6 Interface Identifiers (Proposed
                         Standard) - 11 of 11
                         draft-ietf-6man-reserved-iids-01.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Jari Arkko

          2.1.2 Returning Item

            Area  Date

            TSV         GIST: General Internet Signalling Transport
                        (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 1
                        draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp-17.txt [Open Web Ballot]
                        Note: RE-evaluate your ABSTAIN positions. All
                        that stays in ABSTAIN please indicate in the
                        comment field that you have performed this
                        re-evaluation and also include some motivation
                        behind your decision.
                 Token: Magnus Westerlund

     2.2 Individual Submissions

           2.2.1 New Item

              Area  Date

              GEN         IESG Procedures for Handling of Independent
                          and IRTF Stream Submissions (BCP) - 1 of 1
                          draft-housley-iesg-rfc3932bis-06.txt [Open
                          Web Ballot]
                          Note: Diff: http://www.arkko.com/ietf/iesg/
                          rfc3932bisdiff.html
                   Token: Jari Arkko

           2.2.2 Returning Item
                 NONE

3. Document Actions

      3.1 WG Submissions

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

                3.1.1 New Item
                      NONE
                3.1.2 Returning Item
                      NONE

      3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

            3.2.1 New Item

               Area  Date

               INT         Requirements for Replacing AppleTalk
                           (Informational) - 1 of 2
                           draft-cheshire-dnsext-nbp-07.txt
                    Token: Mark Townsley
                           IANA Allocation Guidelines for the Address
               GEN         Resolution Protocol (ARP) (Informational) -
                           2 of 2
                           draft-arkko-arp-iana-rules-02.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Russ Housley

            3.2.2 Returning Item
                  NONE

      3.3 Independent Submissions Via RFC Editor

          The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
          found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2)
          The
          IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
          <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
          that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
          not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
          document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
          IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval.

          The document shepherd must propose one of these responses in
          the Data Tracker note and supply complete text in the IESG
          Note portion of the write-up. The Area Director ballot
          positions
          indicate consensus with the response proposed by the
          document shepherd.

          Other matters may be recorded in comments, and the comments
          will
          be passed on to the RFC Editor as community review of the
          document.

            3.3.1 New Item

               Area  Date

               APP         DNS Blacklists and Whitelists
                           (Informational) - 1 of 1
                           draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl-08.txt
                           Note: Propose to respond "1. The IESG has
                           not found any conflict between this document
                           and IETF work."
                    Token: Lisa Dusseault

            3.3.2 Returning Item
                  NONE
      3.3.3 For Action

          Area  Date

          INT         PPP Over Ethernet (PPPoE) Extensions for Credit
                      Flow and Link Metrics (Informational) - 1 of 1
                      draft-bberry-rfc4938bis-00.txt
               Token: Mark Townsley

4. Working Group Actions

          4.1 WG Creation

                    4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE
          4.2 WG Rechartering

                    4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                                        NONE
                    4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                        NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

6.1 CEA Media Type Application "cea-2018+xml" (Russ Housley)
6.2 IANA expert for TLS registries (Pasi Eronen)
6.3 Request to the RFC Editor to expedite processing of the CAPWAP
Protocol Specification (Dan Romascanu)
6.4 Approval of application/emma+xml media type (Chris Newman)
6.5 Telechat schedule for January (Tim Polk)

7. Working Group News