Subject: IESG agenda for 2010-01-07 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 04:00:33 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2010-01-07).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

1.1 Roll Call

1.2 Bash the Agenda

1.3 Approval of the Minutes of Past Telechats

1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat

OUTSTANDING TASKS

     Last updated: December 7, 2009

IP  o Magnus Westerlund to draft an IESG Statement on BCP 32.

IP  o Lars Eggert and Ron Bonica to propose text for determining when one
      document updates another.

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

2.1 WG Submissions

2.1.1 New Items

Area  Date
RTG  Jan 03 A set of monitoring tools for Path Computation Element
            based Architecture (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-pce-monitoring-07 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Julien Meuric ([email-masked]) is
            the new document shepherd
     Token: Adrian Farrel
APP  Jan 02 Internationalized Domain Names for Applications (IDNA):
            Definitions and Document Framework (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-idnabis-defs-12 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     Token: Lisa Dusseault
APP  Jan 02 Internationalized Domain Names in Applications (IDNA):
            Protocol (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-idnabis-protocol-17 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     Token: Lisa Dusseault
APP  Jan 02 Right-to-left scripts for IDNA (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-idnabis-bidi-06 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     Token: Lisa Dusseault
APP  Jan 02 The Unicode code points and IDNA (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-idnabis-tables-08 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     Token: Lisa Dusseault
TSV  Jan 03 RTP Payload Format for 1-D Interleaved Parity FEC (Proposed
            Standard)
            draft-ietf-fecframe-interleaved-fec-scheme-07 [txt] [Open
            Web Ballot]
            Note: Greg Shepherd <[email-masked]> is the document
            shepherd.
     Token: Magnus Westerlund
SEC  Jan 03 ESSCertIDv2 update for RFC 3161 (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-pkix-rfc3161-update-09 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Steve Kent is the document shepherd <[email-masked]>
     Token: Tim Polk

2.1.2 Returning Items

Area  Date
TSV  Jan 03 Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVP) Extensions for
            Admission Priority (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-tsvwg-emergency-rsvp-14 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Gorry Fairhurst ([email-masked]) is the
            document shepherd
     Token: Magnus Westerlund
RTG  Dec 28 Multicast in MPLS/BGP IP VPNs (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-l3vpn-2547bis-mcast-09 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     IPR:     * Juniper's Statement of IPR related to
                draft-ietf-l3vpn-2547bis-mcast-07
              * Yakov Rekhter's Statement about IPR related to
                draft-ietf-l3vpn-2547bis-mcast-08 belonging to Cisco
                Systems

     Token: Ross Callon

2.2 Individual Submissions

2.2.1 New Items

Area  Date
OPS  Jan 02 IANA Considerations for Network Layer Protocol Identifiers
            (BCP)
            draft-eastlake-nlpid-iana-considerations-04 [txt] [Open Web
            Ballot]
     Token: Dan Romascanu
INT  Jan 03 Definition of Master Key between PANA Client and
            Enforcement Point (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ohba-pana-pemk-03 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     Token: Jari Arkko

2.2.2 Returning Items

Area  Date
INT  Jan 03 Extending ICMP for Interface and Next-hop Identification
            (Proposed Standard)
            draft-atlas-icmp-unnumbered-08 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: There is no document shepherd
     IPR:     * Juniper's Statement of IPR related to
                draft-atlas-icmp-unnumbered-06

     Token: Jari Arkko

3. Document Actions

3.1 WG Submissions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable contribution to the area of Internet engineering which
    it covers? If not, what changes would make it so?"

3.1.1 New Items

Area  Date
TSV  Jan 04 Framework for Metric Composition (Informational)
            draft-ietf-ippm-framework-compagg-09 [txt] [Open Web
            Ballot]
            Note: Document shepherd is Henk Uijterwaal ([email-masked])
     Token: Lars Eggert
APP  Jan 02 Internationalized Domain Names for Applications (IDNA):
            Background, Explanation, and Rationale (Informational)
            draft-ietf-idnabis-rationale-15 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     Token: Lisa Dusseault
TSV  Jan 03 Guidelines for Implementing DVB-IPTV Application-Layer
            Hybrid FEC Protection (Informational)
            draft-ietf-fecframe-dvb-al-fec-04 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Greg Shepherd ([email-masked]) is the document
            shepherd.
     IPR:     * QUALCOMM Incorporated's Statement about IPR related to
                draft-ietf-fecframe-dvb-al-fec-02

     Token: Magnus Westerlund
RTG  Jan 03 Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Ethernet
            Label Switching Architecture and Framework (Informational)
            draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ethernet-arch-08 [txt] [Open Web
            Ballot]
            Note: Deborah Brungard ([email-masked]) is the document
            shepherd.
     Token: Adrian Farrel

3.1.2 Returning Items

NONE

3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable contribution to the area of Internet engineering which
    it covers? If not, what changes would make it so?"

3.2.1 New Items

Area  Date
INT  Jan 03 IEEE 802.21 Basic Schema (Informational)
            draft-ohba-802dot21-basic-schema-07 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: There is no document shepherd
     Token: Jari Arkko
INT  Jan 03 The CERNET IVI Translation Design and Deployment for the
            IPv4/IPv6 Coexistence and Transition (Experimental)
            draft-xli-behave-ivi-05 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Document Shepherd is Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
     Token: Jari Arkko
GEN  Dec 28 Certified Electronic Mail (Informational)
            draft-gennai-smime-cnipa-pec-05 [txt]
            Note: Sean Turner <[email-masked]> is the document
            shepherd.
     Token: Tim Polk

3.2.2 Returning Items

NONE

3.3 Independent Submissions Via RFC Editor

    The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not found any
    conflict between this document and IETF work; 2) The IESG thinks
    that this work is related to IETF work done in WG <X>, but this
    does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks that publication is
    harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends not publishing at this
    time; 4) The IESG thinks that this document violates the IETF
    procedures for <X> and should therefore not be published without
    IETF review and IESG approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this
    document extends an IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF
    review and should therefore not be published without IETF review
    and IESG approval.

    The document shepherd must propose one of these responses in the
    Data Tracker note and supply complete text in the IESG Note portion
    of the write-up. The Area Director ballot positions indicate
    consensus with the response proposed by the document shepherd.

    Other matters may be recorded in comments, and the comments will be
    passed on to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

3.3.1 New Items

Area  Date
GEN  Jan 01 GOST R 34.10-2001 digital signature algorithm
            (Informational)
            draft-dolmatov-cryptocom-gost34102001-08 [txt] [Open Web
            Ballot]
     Token: Russ Housley
GEN  Jan 01 GOST R 34.11-94 Hash function algorithm (Informational)
            draft-dolmatov-cryptocom-gost341194-07 [txt] [Open Web
            Ballot]
     Token: Russ Housley
GEN  Jan 01 GOST 28147-89 encryption, decryption and MAC algorithms
            (Informational)
            draft-dolmatov-cryptocom-gost2814789-08 [txt] [Open Web
            Ballot]
     Token: Russ Housley

3.3.2 Returning Items

NONE

4. Working Group Actions

4.1 WG Creation

4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review

NONE

4.1.2 Proposed for Approval

NONE

4.2 WG Rechartering

4.2.1 Under Evaluation for IETF Review

NONE

4.2.2 Proposed for Approval

NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

7. Working Group News