Subject: [RTG-DIR] IESG agenda for 2010-03-11 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 04:00:09 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2010-03-11).

See also: Document on Future IESG Telechat Agendas and IESG Discuss
Positions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

1.1 Roll Call

1.2 Bash the Agenda

1.3 Approval of the Minutes of Past Telechats

1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat

OUTSTANDING TASKS

     Last updated: March 4, 2010

o Magnus Westerlund to draft an IESG Statement on BCP 32.

o Ron Bonica to propose text for determining when one document updates
  another.

o Lars Eggert to find a designated expert for Remote Procedure Call
  (RPC).

o Lars Eggert to review the TCP Options request and make a
  recommendation to the IESG.

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

2.1 WG Submissions

2.1.1 New Items

Area  Date
INT  Mar 08 DNS Zone Transfer Protocol (AXFR) (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-dnsext-axfr-clarify-13 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Andrew Sullivan ([email-masked]) is the document
            shepherd.
     Token: Ralph Droms
RAI  Mar 05 Specifying Holes in LoST Service Boundaries (Proposed
            Standard)
            draft-ietf-ecrit-specifying-holes-02 [txt]
     Token: Cullen Jennings
TSV  Mar 05 Transport Protocol Port Randomization Recommendations (BCP)
            draft-ietf-tsvwg-port-randomization-06 [txt] [Open Web
            Ballot]
            Note: James Polk ([email-masked]) is the Document
            Shepherd.
     Token: Lars Eggert
            Was deferred by Cullen Jennings on 2010-03-04
RAI  Mar 05 Filtering Location Notifications in the Session Initiation
            Protocol (SIP) (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-geopriv-loc-filters-10 [txt]
            Note: The Document Shepherd for this document is Richard
            Barnes ([email-masked]).
     Token: Cullen Jennings
INT  Mar 06 IPv6 Subnet Model: the Relationship between Links and
            Subnet Prefixes (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-6man-ipv6-subnet-model-08 [txt] [Open Web
            Ballot]
            Note: Brian Haberman ([email-masked]) is the
            document shepherd.
     Token: Jari Arkko
INT  Mar 05 Traffic Selectors for Flow Bindings (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-mext-binary-ts-04 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: The document shepherd is Marcelo Bagnulo
            ([email-masked]).
     Token: Jari Arkko
INT  Mar 08 Cryptographic Algorithm Identifier Allocation for DNSSEC
            (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-alg-allocation-02 [txt] [Open Web
            Ballot]
            Note: Document shepherd: Andrew Sullivan ([email-masked])
     Token: Ralph Droms
INT  Mar 08 SEND Hash Threat Analysis (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-csi-hash-threat-09 [txt]
            Note: Document shepherd: Marcelo Bagnulo
            ([email-masked])
     Token: Ralph Droms
TSV  Mar 06 The TCP Authentication Option (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-auth-opt-10 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Wesley Eddy ([email-masked]) is the document
            shepherd.
     IPR:     * Juniper's Statement of IPR related to
                draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-auth-opt-02

     Token: Lars Eggert
APP  Mar 08 SMTP Service Extension for 8-bit MIME Transport (Standard)
            draft-ietf-yam-rfc1652bis-03 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: S. Moonesamy ([email-masked]) is the Document
            Shepherd.
            Note that all downrefs were called out during the IETF LC
            and are as per IESG discussion earlier this year.
     Token: Alexey Melnikov
TSV  Mar 06 Cryptographic Algorithms for TCP's Authentication Option,
            TCP-AO (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-ao-crypto-02 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Wesley Eddy ([email-masked]) is the document
            shepherd.
     Token: Lars Eggert
INT  Mar 05 IP Mobility Support for IPv4, revised (Proposed Standard)
            draft-ietf-mip4-rfc3344bis-09 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Pete McCann ([email-masked]) is the
            document shepherd.
     Token: Jari Arkko

2.1.2 Returning Items

Area  Date
SEC  Mar 05 Use of the RSA-KEM Key Transport Algorithm in CMS (Proposed
            Standard)
            draft-ietf-smime-cms-rsa-kem-11 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: proto shepherd is Blake Ramsdell <[email-masked]>
     IPR:     * Sean Turner's Statement about IPR related to
                draft-ietf-smime-cms-rsa-kem-05 belonging to Various

     Token: Tim Polk

2.2 Individual Submissions

2.2.1 New Items

Area  Date
            Domain Name System (DNS) Security Extensions Mapping for
APP  Mar 05 the Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP) (Proposed
            Standard)
            draft-gould-rfc4310bis-07 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Olafur Gudmundsson <[email-masked]> is the document
            shepherd
     Token: Alexey Melnikov
INT  Mar 07 IANA Rules for PANA (Protocol for Carrying Authentication
            for Network Access) (Proposed Standard)
            draft-arkko-pana-iana-02 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     Token: Ralph Droms

2.2.2 Returning Items

NONE

3. Document Actions

3.1 WG Submissions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable contribution to the area of Internet engineering which
    it covers? If not, what changes would make it so?"

3.1.1 New Items

Area  Date
RTG  Mar 05 Security Framework for MPLS and GMPLS Networks
            (Informational)
            draft-ietf-mpls-mpls-and-gmpls-security-framework-08 [txt]
            [Open Web Ballot]
            Note: Martin Vigoureux
            ([email-masked]) is the Document
            Shepherd.
     Token: Tim Polk
            Was deferred by Ron Bonica on 2010-03-02
APP  Mar 05 Mapping Characters in IDNA (Informational)
            draft-ietf-idnabis-mappings-05 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     Token: Lisa Dusseault
RAI  Mar 05 Prefix elements for Road and House Numbers in PIDF-LO
            (Informational)
            draft-ietf-geopriv-prefix-00 [txt]
            Note: The Document Shepherd for this document is Alissa
            Cooper ([email-masked]).
     Token: Cullen Jennings
INT  Mar 05 IP Addressing Model in Ad Hoc Networks (Informational)
            draft-ietf-autoconf-adhoc-addr-model-02 [txt] [Open Web
            Ballot]
            Note: Ryuji Wakikawa ([email-masked]) is the
            document shepherd.
     Token: Jari Arkko
RTG  Mar 05 Mandatory Features in a Layer 3 Multicast BGP/MPLS VPN
            Solution (Informational)
            draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-considerations-06 [txt] [Open Web
            Ballot]
     Token: Ross Callon

3.1.2 Returning Items

NONE

3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable contribution to the area of Internet engineering which
    it covers? If not, what changes would make it so?"

3.2.1 New Items

NONE

3.2.2 Returning Items

Area  Date
INT  Mar 05 Pre-authentication Support for PANA (Experimental)
            draft-ietf-pana-preauth-09 [txt] [Open Web Ballot]
     IPR:     * Toshiba America Research, Inc.'s Statement regardfing
                IPR claimed in draft-ietf-pana-preauth-01

     Token: Jari Arkko

3.3 Independent Submissions Via RFC Editor

    The IESG will use RFC 5742 responses: 1) The IESG has concluded
    that there is no conflict between this document and IETF work; 2)
    The IESG has concluded that this work is related to IETF work done
    in WG <X>, but this relationship does not prevent publishing; 3)
    The IESG has concluded that publication could potentially disrupt
    the IETF work done in WG <X> and recommends not publishing the
    document at this time; 4) The IESG has concluded that this document
    violates IETF procedures for <Y> and should therefore not be
    published without IETF review and IESG approval; or 5) The IESG has
    concluded that this document extends an IETF protocol in a way that
    requires IETF review and should therefore not be published without
    IETF review and IESG approval.

    The document shepherd must propose one of these responses in the
    document write-up in the Data Tracker, and the document shepherd
    may supply text for an IESG Note in the write-up. The Area Director
    ballot positions indicate consensus with the response proposed by
    the document shepherd and agreement that the IESG should request
    inclusion of the IESG Note.

    Other matters may be recorded in comments, and the comments will be
    passed on to the RFC Editor as community review of the document.

3.3.1 New Items

NONE

3.3.2 Returning Items

NONE

4. Working Group Actions

4.1 WG Creation

4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review

NONE

4.1.2 Proposed for Approval

Area  Date
TSV  Jan 22 Peer to Peer Streaming Protocol (ppsp)
     Token: Lars

4.2 WG Rechartering

4.2.1 Under Evaluation for IETF Review

NONE

4.2.2 Proposed for Approval

NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

7. Working Group News