Subject: [RTG-DIR] Rtgdir early review of draft-ietf-idr-rfc8203bis-04

From: Christian Hopps via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 13:15:49 -0700

Reviewer: Christian Hopps
Review result: Ready

Hello,

I have been selected to do a routing directorate “early” review of this draft.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-rfc8203bis/

The routing directorate will, on request from the working group chair, perform
an “early” review of a draft before it is submitted for publication to the
IESG. The early review can be performed at any time during the draft’s lifetime
as a working group document. The purpose of the early review depends on the
stage that the document has reached. As this document is in working group last
call, my focus for the review was to determine whether the document is ready to
be published. Please consider my comments along with the other working group
last call comments.

For more information about the Routing Directorate, please see
​http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/RtgDir

Document: draft-ietf-idr-rfc8203bis-04
Reviewer: Christian Hopps
Review Date: 9/25/2019
Intended Status: Standards Track

Summary:

- No issues found. This documents is ready to proceed to the IESG.

Comments:

- This is a minor update (increasing the valid length fields values by 1 bit)
  to the functionality in RFC 8203 that seems well justified by the new
  Appendix B.

- The field name "Error Code" changed from RFC 8203 to "Error code" which
  seems to be a superfluous diff. If so, I suggest reverting it if the
  opportunity presents itself during final editing. I don't think it warrants a
  new version of the document though.