Subject: [RTG-DIR] Rtgdir last call review of draft-carpenter-eligibility-expand-08

From: Ines Robles via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 10:19:43 -0800

Reviewer: Ines Robles
Review result: Has Nits

Hello,

I have been selected as the Routing Directorate reviewer for this draft. The
Routing Directorate seeks to review all routing or routing-related drafts as
they pass through IETF last call and IESG review, and sometimes on special
request. The purpose of the review is to provide assistance to the Routing ADs.
For more information about the Routing Directorate, please see
​http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/RtgDir

Although these comments are primarily for the use of the Routing ADs, it would
be helpful if you could consider them along with any other IETF Last Call
comments that you receive, and strive to resolve them through discussion or by
updating the draft.

Document: draft-carpenter-eligibility-expand-08.txt
Reviewer: Ines Robles
Review Date: 28th December 2020
IETF LC End Date: ---
Intended Status: Experimental

Summary:

This document defines a process experiment under RFC 3933 that temporarily
updates the criteria for qualifying volunteers to participate in the IETF
Nominating Committee.

The document is clear , I believe the document is ready. I just have some minor
comments/nits below

Major Issues: None
Minor Issues: None

Nits:

1-Abstract:

apply to one, or at most two, Nominating Committee cycles -> should be added
consecutive cycles?

2-Section 1:

It would be nice to expand the first time NomCom --> NomCom (Nominating
Committee)

3-Section 2:

the IESG must consult the 2021-2022 Nominating Committee chair and the
2020-2021 Nominating Committee chair and publish a report --> the IESG must
consult the 2021-2022 Nominating Committee chair and publish a report

4-Section 4:

Has been a Working Group Chair or Secretary within .... -> ... IETF/IRTF
Working Group Chair or Secretary?

nomcom -> NomCom

Thank you very much for this document,

Ines.

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2021 10:59:19 +1300

Ines,

Thanks for the review.

On 29-Dec-20 07:19, Ines Robles via Datatracker wrote:
... 
> apply to one, or at most two, Nominating Committee cycles -> should be added

OK

> It would be nice to expand the first time NomCom --> NomCom (Nominating

OK

> consult the 2021-2022 Nominating Committee chair and publish a report

We want to consult the previous Chair too, because they are automatically
in the next committee and are well-placed to compare the old and new
procedures.

> Working Group Chair or Secretary?

This is the IETF NomCom so why would IRTF experience help?
 
> nomcom -> NomCom

OK

Best wishes for 2021!

    Brian